Air Tahiti Nui Will Fly Its New Dreamliner to the US
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Tahiti Nui has announced the first routes for its Boeing 787 Dreamliner. And for US-based flyers, you’ll have the option to check out the carrier’s new product.
As reported by One Mile at a Time, Air Tahiti Nui will take delivery of the first four of its 787-9s later this year. At that time, it’ll begin phasing out its dated fleet of A340s, which it expects to complete by 2019. For the first of its 787-9s, Air Tahiti Nui will fly the aircraft on the following routes and frequencies:
- November 7, 2018 — Papeete (PPT) to Auckland (AKL); 3x weekly
- November 7, 2018 — Papeete (PPT) to Los Angeles (LAX); 3x weekly
- February 4, 2019 — Papeete (PPT) to Tokyo Narita (NRT); 2x weekly
So, beginning in February, passengers traveling from LAX will be able to fly a Dreamliner to Tahiti.
The carrier’s 789s will feature a three-cabin configuration: business, premium economy and economy. The business-class cabin is comprised of 30 seats in a 2-2-2 configuration. Business-class seats will be lie-flat, featuring 60 inches of pitch and 78 inches long when in its in fully flat position. The product itself will resemble the seats you can find on many airlines, including United’s 787-9 Dreamliner.
Farther back, the premium economy cabin is comprised of 32 seats in a 2-3-2 configuration. Each of the seats will feature 38 inches of pitch, eight inches of recline and 20.4 inches of width. Finally, the economy cabin is comprised of 232 seats in a 3-3-3 configuration, with each seat offering 31 inches of pitch and a recline of six inches.
At this time, seats are not available to book. That being said, this remains an exciting addition from Air Tahiti Nui. As it phases out its dated A340s, opting instead for 787s, it continues to improve the passenger experience.
Featured image by Boeing.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees