Air Tahiti Nui Will Fly Its New Dreamliner to the US
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Tahiti Nui has announced the first routes for its Boeing 787 Dreamliner. And for US-based flyers, you’ll have the option to check out the carrier’s new product.
As reported by One Mile at a Time, Air Tahiti Nui will take delivery of the first four of its 787-9s later this year. At that time, it’ll begin phasing out its dated fleet of A340s, which it expects to complete by 2019. For the first of its 787-9s, Air Tahiti Nui will fly the aircraft on the following routes and frequencies:
- November 7, 2018 — Papeete (PPT) to Auckland (AKL); 3x weekly
- November 7, 2018 — Papeete (PPT) to Los Angeles (LAX); 3x weekly
- February 4, 2019 — Papeete (PPT) to Tokyo Narita (NRT); 2x weekly
So, beginning in February, passengers traveling from LAX will be able to fly a Dreamliner to Tahiti.
The carrier’s 789s will feature a three-cabin configuration: business, premium economy and economy. The business-class cabin is comprised of 30 seats in a 2-2-2 configuration. Business-class seats will be lie-flat, featuring 60 inches of pitch and 78 inches long when in its in fully flat position. The product itself will resemble the seats you can find on many airlines, including United’s 787-9 Dreamliner.
Farther back, the premium economy cabin is comprised of 32 seats in a 2-3-2 configuration. Each of the seats will feature 38 inches of pitch, eight inches of recline and 20.4 inches of width. Finally, the economy cabin is comprised of 232 seats in a 3-3-3 configuration, with each seat offering 31 inches of pitch and a recline of six inches.
At this time, seats are not available to book. That being said, this remains an exciting addition from Air Tahiti Nui. As it phases out its dated A340s, opting instead for 787s, it continues to improve the passenger experience.
Featured image by Boeing.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.