This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Tahiti Nui has announced the first routes for its Boeing 787 Dreamliner. And for US-based flyers, you’ll have the option to check out the carrier’s new product.
As reported by One Mile at a Time, Air Tahiti Nui will take delivery of the first four of its 787-9s later this year. At that time, it’ll begin phasing out its dated fleet of A340s, which it expects to complete by 2019. For the first of its 787-9s, Air Tahiti Nui will fly the aircraft on the following routes and frequencies:
- November 7, 2018 — Papeete (PPT) to Auckland (AKL); 3x weekly
- November 7, 2018 — Papeete (PPT) to Los Angeles (LAX); 3x weekly
- February 4, 2019 — Papeete (PPT) to Tokyo Narita (NRT); 2x weekly
So, beginning in February, passengers traveling from LAX will be able to fly a Dreamliner to Tahiti.
The carrier’s 789s will feature a three-cabin configuration: business, premium economy and economy. The business-class cabin is comprised of 30 seats in a 2-2-2 configuration. Business-class seats will be lie-flat, featuring 60 inches of pitch and 78 inches long when in its in fully flat position. The product itself will resemble the seats you can find on many airlines, including United’s 787-9 Dreamliner.
Farther back, the premium economy cabin is comprised of 32 seats in a 2-3-2 configuration. Each of the seats will feature 38 inches of pitch, eight inches of recline and 20.4 inches of width. Finally, the economy cabin is comprised of 232 seats in a 3-3-3 configuration, with each seat offering 31 inches of pitch and a recline of six inches.
At this time, seats are not available to book. That being said, this remains an exciting addition from Air Tahiti Nui. As it phases out its dated A340s, opting instead for 787s, it continues to improve the passenger experience.
Featured image by Boeing.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees