Yes, You Can Bring Your Emotional Support Casserole With You on the Plane
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While you can’t bring your emotional support peacock on a plane, the TSA is here to tell you that yes, you can bring your emotional support casserole. Praise be.
Your favorite AvGeek and mine, Chrissy Teigen (OK, maybe just mine — I see you, *lovely* creatures of the Internet) is back with another tweet storm, this time involving American Airlines and the TSA.
These are the questions that keep me up at night.
She then decided to get American Airlines involved. I can only imagine what the airline’s social media manager was feeling when they got this notification.
Hey, you know what? It’s better than a peacock.
Get it together, American. Bag. Casserole. Not the same thing.
This is like the Twitter version of professional email chains where someone says, “I defer to my colleague.” Now, circling back to Chrissy and her in-flight comfort food…
There you have it, kids. Confirmation re: emotional support casserole, straight from the TSA itself.
Delicious looking things are most definitely happening.
Now all I need to know is: Can I bring my emotional support mozzarella sticks?
Featured photo by @natasa.goras via Twenty20
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees