These are the 25 Most Romantic Cities in the USA, According to OpenTable
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, significant others around the country are hurrying to book that reservation or trip to a romantic hotspot. For those still searching, OpenTable has some geographic intel with its list of most romantic cities in the country. From seaside towns to farming communities, these 25 spots represent places that know a thing or two about romance.
OpenTable, the world’s leader in online restaurant reservations, gave the number-one spot to Biloxi, Mississippi. Texas was the state with three romantic cities for the fifth consecutive year, followed by New York and Oklahoma, each with two romantic cities. The locales featured in OpenTable’s list were chosen based off three variables: the percentage of restaurants with a romantic rating by diners; the percentage of tables seated for two; and the percentage of people who dined out for Valentine’s in 2017.
“From cozy seaside settings such as Carmel to hip urban locales like Brooklyn, this year’s standout cities and their dining scenes are attracting diners and inspiring romance,” said Caroline Potter, OpenTable’s chief dining officer, in a press release. “These breakout romantic dining destinations are staking their claims as hot spots for couples who celebrate their relationship with enchanting restaurant experiences on Valentine’s Day — and every day.”
OpenTable’s 25 most romantic cities:
- Biloxi, Mississippi
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Reno, Nevada
- Carmel, California
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Savannah, Georgia
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Louisville, Kentucky
- San Antonio, Texas
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Santa Barbara, California
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Austin, Texas
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Detroit, Michigan
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Brooklyn, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- Raleigh, NC
Featured photo by @dkafalas via Twenty20
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees