These are the 25 Most Romantic Cities in the USA, According to OpenTable
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, significant others around the country are hurrying to book that reservation or trip to a romantic hotspot. For those still searching, OpenTable has some geographic intel with its list of most romantic cities in the country. From seaside towns to farming communities, these 25 spots represent places that know a thing or two about romance.
OpenTable, the world’s leader in online restaurant reservations, gave the number-one spot to Biloxi, Mississippi. Texas was the state with three romantic cities for the fifth consecutive year, followed by New York and Oklahoma, each with two romantic cities. The locales featured in OpenTable’s list were chosen based off three variables: the percentage of restaurants with a romantic rating by diners; the percentage of tables seated for two; and the percentage of people who dined out for Valentine’s in 2017.
“From cozy seaside settings such as Carmel to hip urban locales like Brooklyn, this year’s standout cities and their dining scenes are attracting diners and inspiring romance,” said Caroline Potter, OpenTable’s chief dining officer, in a press release. “These breakout romantic dining destinations are staking their claims as hot spots for couples who celebrate their relationship with enchanting restaurant experiences on Valentine’s Day — and every day.”
OpenTable’s 25 most romantic cities:
- Biloxi, Mississippi
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Reno, Nevada
- Carmel, California
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Savannah, Georgia
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Louisville, Kentucky
- San Antonio, Texas
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Santa Barbara, California
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Austin, Texas
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Detroit, Michigan
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Brooklyn, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- Raleigh, NC
Featured photo by @dkafalas via Twenty20
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.