This Is The Tallest Hotel In The World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In Dubai, a city synonymous with superlatives, the Guinness Book of World Records just confirmed newcomer Gevora Hotel to be the world’s tallest at just over 356 meters high (1,168 feet). Neighbor and previous record-holder the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands just one meter shorter at 355 meters (1,165 feet).
The Gevora Hotel has four restaurants, one of which is situated on the rooftop with panoramic views of the city. To get up there, the hotel features six elevators for its 75 floors, or a total of 3,859 stairs for the truly dedicated.
In addition to setting the world’s height record for the building itself, the Gevora boasts the highest swimming pools in the world, nearly twice as high as the famous Marina Bay Sands rooftop infinity pool in Singapore.
Unlike the Marina Bay Sands, however, the Gevora Hotel does not possess a liquor license, a move which hotel general manager Jairaj Gorsia said would appeal to “whoever is not looking for a bar or a night club.”
“Being non-alcohol licensed hotel is actually an advantage. Families, especially extended families, and kids will enjoy the hotel. Our guests are looking for a good bed, a good cup of coffee and convenience. The hotel is located in the center of Dubai, and we offer high-quality service,” Gorsia said.
A typical room at the Gevora will be around 55 square meters (592 square feet) in size, almost 30% larger than the average hotel room in Dubai, according to general manager Gorsia.
Rates begin at $160 per night, “slightly lower than the average around this area”, Gorsia also said. “The room rates that we will offer is considered very competitive.”
The Gevora Hotel joins another architectural world record, as the Burj Khalifa just down the road is the world’s current tallest building at 828 meters (2,717 feet, just over half a mile). In fact, some of the Gevora hotel rooms overlook the needle-top Burj, as seen in this Instagram image:
Daredevils need not apply here: The Gevora has made it clear that their dedicated security teams are prepared to shut down any stunts popular with social media adventurers.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.