This Is The Tallest Hotel In The World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In Dubai, a city synonymous with superlatives, the Guinness Book of World Records just confirmed newcomer Gevora Hotel to be the world’s tallest at just over 356 meters high (1,168 feet). Neighbor and previous record-holder the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands just one meter shorter at 355 meters (1,165 feet).
The Gevora Hotel has four restaurants, one of which is situated on the rooftop with panoramic views of the city. To get up there, the hotel features six elevators for its 75 floors, or a total of 3,859 stairs for the truly dedicated.
In addition to setting the world’s height record for the building itself, the Gevora boasts the highest swimming pools in the world, nearly twice as high as the famous Marina Bay Sands rooftop infinity pool in Singapore.
Unlike the Marina Bay Sands, however, the Gevora Hotel does not possess a liquor license, a move which hotel general manager Jairaj Gorsia said would appeal to “whoever is not looking for a bar or a night club.”
“Being non-alcohol licensed hotel is actually an advantage. Families, especially extended families, and kids will enjoy the hotel. Our guests are looking for a good bed, a good cup of coffee and convenience. The hotel is located in the center of Dubai, and we offer high-quality service,” Gorsia said.
A typical room at the Gevora will be around 55 square meters (592 square feet) in size, almost 30% larger than the average hotel room in Dubai, according to general manager Gorsia.
Rates begin at $160 per night, “slightly lower than the average around this area”, Gorsia also said. “The room rates that we will offer is considered very competitive.”
The Gevora Hotel joins another architectural world record, as the Burj Khalifa just down the road is the world’s current tallest building at 828 meters (2,717 feet, just over half a mile). In fact, some of the Gevora hotel rooms overlook the needle-top Burj, as seen in this Instagram image:
Daredevils need not apply here: The Gevora has made it clear that their dedicated security teams are prepared to shut down any stunts popular with social media adventurers.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees