This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Erik Snell, Delta’s VP of Operations and Customer Center, made the announcement Tuesday, February 6, at the annual Austin Chamber of Commerce meeting.
“From our strong operational performance to adding new routes, Delta is committed to serving the residents and business community of Austin,” Snell said. “As a part of the airline’s efforts to enhancing customers’ experience in Austin, this Club will give guests a new space where they can relax during their travel.”
Located near Delta’s gates 4, 5 and 6, the 9,000-square foot Sky Club will offer local cuisine inspired by Austin’s foodie scene; a full-service complimentary bar; high-speed Wi-Fi and plenty of power outlets; and a covered outdoor patio equipped with large fans.
The new Sky Club is not Delta’s only investment in the capital city of Texas. Earlier this week, Delta also announced that, starting May 1, the airline will offer nonstop service six times weekly from AUS to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). Last year, Delta also added nonstop service from AUS to Boston (BOS), Seattle (SEA) and Raleigh-Durham (RDU).
Austin has rapidly expanded over the past decade, ranking 9th on the United States Census Bureau’s 2017 list of “The 15 Cities With the Largest Numeric [Population] Increase”. Georgetown, TX, a city 27 miles north of Austin and served by the same international airport, ranked 5th on the Bureau’s 2017 list of “The 15 Fastest-Growing Large Cities”.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees