Delta Announces New Sky Club for Austin, Nonstop Routes to Cincinnati
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Erik Snell, Delta’s VP of Operations and Customer Center, made the announcement Tuesday, February 6, at the annual Austin Chamber of Commerce meeting.
“From our strong operational performance to adding new routes, Delta is committed to serving the residents and business community of Austin,” Snell said. “As a part of the airline’s efforts to enhancing customers’ experience in Austin, this Club will give guests a new space where they can relax during their travel.”
Located near Delta’s gates 4, 5 and 6, the 9,000-square foot Sky Club will offer local cuisine inspired by Austin’s foodie scene; a full-service complimentary bar; high-speed Wi-Fi and plenty of power outlets; and a covered outdoor patio equipped with large fans.
The new Sky Club is not Delta’s only investment in the capital city of Texas. Earlier this week, Delta also announced that, starting May 1, the airline will offer nonstop service six times weekly from AUS to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). Last year, Delta also added nonstop service from AUS to Boston (BOS), Seattle (SEA) and Raleigh-Durham (RDU).
Austin has rapidly expanded over the past decade, ranking 9th on the United States Census Bureau’s 2017 list of “The 15 Cities With the Largest Numeric [Population] Increase”. Georgetown, TX, a city 27 miles north of Austin and served by the same international airport, ranked 5th on the Bureau’s 2017 list of “The 15 Fastest-Growing Large Cities”.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees