Delta Announces New Sky Club for Austin, Nonstop Routes to Cincinnati
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Erik Snell, Delta’s VP of Operations and Customer Center, made the announcement Tuesday, February 6, at the annual Austin Chamber of Commerce meeting.
“From our strong operational performance to adding new routes, Delta is committed to serving the residents and business community of Austin,” Snell said. “As a part of the airline’s efforts to enhancing customers’ experience in Austin, this Club will give guests a new space where they can relax during their travel.”
Located near Delta’s gates 4, 5 and 6, the 9,000-square foot Sky Club will offer local cuisine inspired by Austin’s foodie scene; a full-service complimentary bar; high-speed Wi-Fi and plenty of power outlets; and a covered outdoor patio equipped with large fans.
The new Sky Club is not Delta’s only investment in the capital city of Texas. Earlier this week, Delta also announced that, starting May 1, the airline will offer nonstop service six times weekly from AUS to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). Last year, Delta also added nonstop service from AUS to Boston (BOS), Seattle (SEA) and Raleigh-Durham (RDU).
Austin has rapidly expanded over the past decade, ranking 9th on the United States Census Bureau’s 2017 list of “The 15 Cities With the Largest Numeric [Population] Increase”. Georgetown, TX, a city 27 miles north of Austin and served by the same international airport, ranked 5th on the Bureau’s 2017 list of “The 15 Fastest-Growing Large Cities”.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.