Is This the Ultimate Family Home Rental?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dreams of living in life-size versions of Monopoly, Scrabble and Jumanji are a reality at this 13-bedroom Airbnb rental in Clermont, Florida. And that’s just the beginning — the creator of this game-themed house, Andrew Greenstein, transformed every nook and cranny of this sprawling “Great Escape Lakeside” home.
When visitors roll up to Greenstein’s home-turned-gameshow set, they’re greeted by a Monopoly Man dangling from the roof. From there, the house and its yard become a playground for all ages. Think: human bowling, largest word search in the Western hemisphere, a laser maze, human foosball and movie theater…just to name a few highlights.
Each of the 13 bedrooms have a specific theme, ranging from a carnival bedroom complete with Zoltar the fortuneteller (from the movie, Big), a Las Vegas room for those 21 and older (the slots don’t offer actual prizes, though), and a Monopoly-inspired room. Scrabble, Clue and an infirmary that looks like Operation are also featured room themes. “I wanted to create it like you’re in the board,” Greenstein told The Orlando Sentinel.
Greenstein created his ‘Great Escape’ after hitting it big with the internet boom in the late 1990s. After his success, he was able to transform his property into a sprawling game-inspired estate, complete with lake views, lazy river and mini waterpark. The property can fit up to 43 guests, and rates range somewhere between $1,365 and $1,465, depending on the time of year.
The house is available on Airbnb, but space is filling up. “I love sharing it,” Greenstein said.
The ‘Great Escape Lakeside‘ is available for families, family reunions, vacations, weddings and corporate retreats. It’s in the Guinness Book of World Records for the world’s largest word search (although that title has since been taken by someone in India), the world’s first residential laser maze and the world’s only residential escape room.
H/T: Orlando Sentinel
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.