This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a foodie and a music lover, Tokyo Record Bar is your spot. Dedicated to Japan’s jewel boxes of vinyl, this underground restaurant, which serves eclectic Japanese cuisine and specialty cocktails also features an expansive collection of records.
The restaurant has two to three seatings per night and reservations are required about a month in advance. Once seated, the experience will last about an hour and a half, and also includes each member of your party selecting their favorite song. The DJ will then play all the song selections from their collection of vinyls.
The menu is prix fixe, changing daily, and includes some pretty exciting cocktails too. The head chef explains that although they love music, the focus on food is important, and Tokyo Record Bar’s strives to serve cuisine “with the freshest ingredients and an air of familiarity.”
Stay tuned for more video posts as part of our TPGEATS series, videos that document unique and interesting spots around the world for dining that come TPG-recommended.
Photo courtesy Tokyo Record Bar.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards