This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a foodie and a music lover, Tokyo Record Bar is your spot. Dedicated to Japan’s jewel boxes of vinyl, this underground restaurant, which serves eclectic Japanese cuisine and specialty cocktails also features an expansive collection of records.
The restaurant has two to three seatings per night and reservations are required about a month in advance. Once seated, the experience will last about an hour and a half, and also includes each member of your party selecting their favorite song. The DJ will then play all the song selections from their collection of vinyls.
The menu is prix fixe, changing daily, and includes some pretty exciting cocktails too. The head chef explains that although they love music, the focus on food is important, and Tokyo Record Bar’s strives to serve cuisine “with the freshest ingredients and an air of familiarity.”
Stay tuned for more video posts as part of our TPGEATS series, videos that document unique and interesting spots around the world for dining that come TPG-recommended.
Photo courtesy Tokyo Record Bar.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees