Air France Warns Flight Disruptions Are Possible Due to Strike
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France is warning customers flight disruptions are possible on Thursday, February 22, due to a staff strike.
The airline expects to operate on a reduced flight schedule of 50% of its long-haul departures, 75% of medium-haul departures and 85% of short-haul departures. The company says it will notify customers whose flights are cancelled the day before departure by text message or e-mail.
Customers are also encouraged to check the status of Air France or Joon flights, as schedule changes are ongoing. The airline is also offering rebooking options at no extra cost.
Any customer with a valid Air France ticket issued on or before February 19 for a flight operated by Air France or Joon on February 22 can move the trip to February 21 or postpone to between February 23 and 27.
Customers can also postpone after February 27, change the country of origin or destination or cancel the trip. In that case, Air France will give a nonrefundable voucher valid for one year to be used on Air France, Joon, KLM or Hop! flights.
Refunds will be offered if a customer decides not to travel, or if a flight is cancelled or delayed for more than five hours.
The strike is the result of a dispute with several Air France staff unions over pay.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.