Air France Warns Flight Disruptions Are Possible Due to Strike
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France is warning customers flight disruptions are possible on Thursday, February 22, due to a staff strike.
The airline expects to operate on a reduced flight schedule of 50% of its long-haul departures, 75% of medium-haul departures and 85% of short-haul departures. The company says it will notify customers whose flights are cancelled the day before departure by text message or e-mail.
Customers are also encouraged to check the status of Air France or Joon flights, as schedule changes are ongoing. The airline is also offering rebooking options at no extra cost.
Any customer with a valid Air France ticket issued on or before February 19 for a flight operated by Air France or Joon on February 22 can move the trip to February 21 or postpone to between February 23 and 27.
Customers can also postpone after February 27, change the country of origin or destination or cancel the trip. In that case, Air France will give a nonrefundable voucher valid for one year to be used on Air France, Joon, KLM or Hop! flights.
Refunds will be offered if a customer decides not to travel, or if a flight is cancelled or delayed for more than five hours.
The strike is the result of a dispute with several Air France staff unions over pay.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.