Air France Warns Flight Disruptions Are Possible Due to Strike
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France is warning customers flight disruptions are possible on Thursday, February 22, due to a staff strike.
The airline expects to operate on a reduced flight schedule of 50% of its long-haul departures, 75% of medium-haul departures and 85% of short-haul departures. The company says it will notify customers whose flights are cancelled the day before departure by text message or e-mail.
Customers are also encouraged to check the status of Air France or Joon flights, as schedule changes are ongoing. The airline is also offering rebooking options at no extra cost.
Any customer with a valid Air France ticket issued on or before February 19 for a flight operated by Air France or Joon on February 22 can move the trip to February 21 or postpone to between February 23 and 27.
Customers can also postpone after February 27, change the country of origin or destination or cancel the trip. In that case, Air France will give a nonrefundable voucher valid for one year to be used on Air France, Joon, KLM or Hop! flights.
Refunds will be offered if a customer decides not to travel, or if a flight is cancelled or delayed for more than five hours.
The strike is the result of a dispute with several Air France staff unions over pay.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees