This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France is warning customers flight disruptions are possible on Thursday, February 22, due to a staff strike.
The airline expects to operate on a reduced flight schedule of 50% of its long-haul departures, 75% of medium-haul departures and 85% of short-haul departures. The company says it will notify customers whose flights are cancelled the day before departure by text message or e-mail.
Customers are also encouraged to check the status of Air France or Joon flights, as schedule changes are ongoing. The airline is also offering rebooking options at no extra cost.
Any customer with a valid Air France ticket issued on or before February 19 for a flight operated by Air France or Joon on February 22 can move the trip to February 21 or postpone to between February 23 and 27.
Customers can also postpone after February 27, change the country of origin or destination or cancel the trip. In that case, Air France will give a nonrefundable voucher valid for one year to be used on Air France, Joon, KLM or Hop! flights.
Refunds will be offered if a customer decides not to travel, or if a flight is cancelled or delayed for more than five hours.
The strike is the result of a dispute with several Air France staff unions over pay.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that