United adds 29 additional flights to Miami in advance of Super Bowl LIV
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines has added a bunch of additional flights — primarily from its hub cities — to Miami (MIA) in the days leading up to, and just after, Super Bowl LIV, which will be held on Feb. 2.
United added 29 flights in total, most of them from its hub cities including Newark (EWR), Chicago (ORD), Washington-Dulles (IAD), San Francisco (SFO) and more. And, predictably, United’s adding nonstops from Kansas City (MCI) down to Miami, which is certainly an atypical route for the carrier. The full breakdown of the additional flights and frequencies is below:
Friday, Jan. 31:
Saturday, Feb. 1:
Monday, Feb. 3:
The good news is that these flights aren’t outrageously expensive, even though the Super Bowl is next Sunday.
For instance, the cheapest non-stop round-trip flight from San Francisco (SFO) to Miami (MIA) is just $283. This itinerary option runs a bit past the super bowl, but depending on the outcome, 49er fans may need a few days to recoup.
As for Chiefs fans, the tickets are bit pricier at $465 round-trip.
Luckily for both fans of both teams, these fares are considerably cheaper than what Patriots and Eagles fans were facing, with $3,000 round-trip fares in 2018 for Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis.
If you’re planning to go to the Super Bowl next weekend, be sure to check all your options. United’s not the only airline offering additional seats to South Florida. American, Southwest and Delta have all boosted capacity and depending on where you live, they may offer a better deal.
Featured image by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees