United adds 29 additional flights to Miami in advance of Super Bowl LIV
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines has added a bunch of additional flights — primarily from its hub cities — to Miami (MIA) in the days leading up to, and just after, Super Bowl LIV, which will be held on Feb. 2.
United added 29 flights in total, most of them from its hub cities including Newark (EWR), Chicago (ORD), Washington-Dulles (IAD), San Francisco (SFO) and more. And, predictably, United’s adding nonstops from Kansas City (MCI) down to Miami, which is certainly an atypical route for the carrier. The full breakdown of the additional flights and frequencies is below:
Friday, Jan. 31:
Saturday, Feb. 1:
Monday, Feb. 3:
The good news is that these flights aren’t outrageously expensive, even though the Super Bowl is next Sunday.
For instance, the cheapest non-stop round-trip flight from San Francisco (SFO) to Miami (MIA) is just $283. This itinerary option runs a bit past the super bowl, but depending on the outcome, 49er fans may need a few days to recoup.
As for Chiefs fans, the tickets are bit pricier at $465 round-trip.
Luckily for both fans of both teams, these fares are considerably cheaper than what Patriots and Eagles fans were facing, with $3,000 round-trip fares in 2018 for Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis.
If you’re planning to go to the Super Bowl next weekend, be sure to check all your options. United’s not the only airline offering additional seats to South Florida. American, Southwest and Delta have all boosted capacity and depending on where you live, they may offer a better deal.
Featured image by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.