United adds 29 additional flights to Miami in advance of Super Bowl LIV
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines has added a bunch of additional flights — primarily from its hub cities — to Miami (MIA) in the days leading up to, and just after, Super Bowl LIV, which will be held on Feb. 2.
United added 29 flights in total, most of them from its hub cities including Newark (EWR), Chicago (ORD), Washington-Dulles (IAD), San Francisco (SFO) and more. And, predictably, United’s adding nonstops from Kansas City (MCI) down to Miami, which is certainly an atypical route for the carrier. The full breakdown of the additional flights and frequencies is below:
Friday, Jan. 31:
Saturday, Feb. 1:
Monday, Feb. 3:
The good news is that these flights aren’t outrageously expensive, even though the Super Bowl is next Sunday.
For instance, the cheapest non-stop round-trip flight from San Francisco (SFO) to Miami (MIA) is just $283. This itinerary option runs a bit past the super bowl, but depending on the outcome, 49er fans may need a few days to recoup.
As for Chiefs fans, the tickets are bit pricier at $465 round-trip.
Luckily for both fans of both teams, these fares are considerably cheaper than what Patriots and Eagles fans were facing, with $3,000 round-trip fares in 2018 for Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis.
If you’re planning to go to the Super Bowl next weekend, be sure to check all your options. United’s not the only airline offering additional seats to South Florida. American, Southwest and Delta have all boosted capacity and depending on where you live, they may offer a better deal.
Featured image by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees