Watch a Crazy Crosswind Wreak Havoc on a 737’s Landing
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When it comes to crazy landings, you can often blame strong crosswinds for the experience. This week’s crazy aviation video brings us to Salzburg, Austria (SZG) where an Enter Air flight attempted to land in the midst of strong winds.
The Boeing 737-800 was almost sideways as it approached the runway and when it got near the ground it swayed back and forth. Then, when it was maybe about a dozen feet off the ground, the airplane swings suddenly to the right and nearly hits its right wing on the tarmac.
The pilots correct the airplane and it appears to bounce off the runway before aborting the landing to do a go-around. According to the Aviation Herald, the winds were so strong that the aircraft had to head back to its departure point in Frankfurt (FRA) until weather conditions improved.
Check out the video below, with the near crash occurring 18 seconds in:
Featured image by ORF Salzburg/Michael Hufnagl/Storyful News Youtube.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.