Why You Should Sign Up for Masterpass Right Now
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
To know me is to know that I’m an impatient person. I hate waiting in lines, which is why I’m so thankful for things like Global Entry, TSA PreCheck and CLEAR, which have all saved me countless hours while traveling over the years. However, I try to save as much time as possible in my non-traveling life as well — shopping online to skip long lines in stores and even ordering my Dunkin Donuts coffee in advance every day via an app so it’s waiting on the counter. Whatever I can do to use technology to save time and hassle, I’m in.
Since I do most of my shopping online, I have been using the digital wallet Masterpass by Mastercard, which allows you to store your credit card and then check out seamlessly — saving time and also allowing you to get added protections for your purchase. It’s free to sign up, and most credit and debit cards are supported — even non-Mastercard products.
Here’s how you can use it:
Step 1: Visit Masterpass.com and create and account for free.
Step 2: Add your credit cards and address.
Your purchase will be processed via Masterpass, but you receive all points / miles as if it were bought directly from the retailer. For example, when purchasing via JetBlue, the transaction will still be coded as an airline so you get a bonus if you’re using a credit card with a travel or airline bonus.
You can also sign up to get special offers for Masterpass users. If you have an Android phone, you can download the Masterpass app, which will let you swipe your phone at checkout at participating retailers — saving you the time for digging through your wallet for cards, and also adding protection. The NFC technology transmits a unique token, not your actual card number, adding an extra layer of protection.
Simply put, Masterpass is a free tool that saves time while shopping and gives extra purchase protection — a no brainer in my opinion.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees