Book Now: Overwater Villas at Conrad Maldives at the Same Rate as a Standard Room
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The aspirational Conrad Maldives property has just made its overwater villas more attainable. In the past, its standard level of room, the Beach Villa, was the only room in available to book at a reasonable rate with Honors points. Now, however, we’re seeing plenty of dates with Water Villas priced at the same rate as Beach Villas — 95,000 Honors points per night.
Since both the Beach Villa and the luxurious Water Villa are pricing at the same rate, this is likely a mistake. We’re seeing plenty of availability through much of 2018. To search, head to the hotel’s website and search for flexible dates. When you find availability at the 95,000 level, scroll to see if the Water Villa is also available at the same rate.
Typically, you can only book these rooms by paying outright with cash or by paying 322,000 points per night. Additionally, you could book the standard Beach Villa and then pay with cash to upgrade to the Water Villa. Either way, this 95,000-point rate for the Water Villa is a steal. If this is indeed a mistake, and Hilton ends up honoring the rate at the Conrad Maldives, you could come away with a great redemption.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 95,000 points per night are worth $570. So, you’re getting a terrific value on a room that typically hovers around the $1,400 per night mark. One reader reported that they were able to upgrade their room without a change in rate.
When it comes to using points in the Maldives for overwater rooms, your options are fairly limited. You could book the St. Regis Maldives bungalow for 90,000 Starpoints per night — a property TPG loved when he stayed last year. Alternatively, you could book the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa for a relative steal, at just 25,000 World of Hyatt points per night. Act quick if you’re thinking of booking an overwater room at the Conrad Maldives, as there’s no telling how long this reduced award rate will be around.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees