This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The aspirational Conrad Maldives property has just made its overwater villas more attainable. In the past, its standard level of room, the Beach Villa, was the only room in available to book at a reasonable rate with Honors points. Now, however, we’re seeing plenty of dates with Water Villas priced at the same rate as Beach Villas — 95,000 Honors points per night.
Since both the Beach Villa and the luxurious Water Villa are pricing at the same rate, this is likely a mistake. We’re seeing plenty of availability through much of 2018. To search, head to the hotel’s website and search for flexible dates. When you find availability at the 95,000 level, scroll to see if the Water Villa is also available at the same rate.
Typically, you can only book these rooms by paying outright with cash or by paying 322,000 points per night. Additionally, you could book the standard Beach Villa and then pay with cash to upgrade to the Water Villa. Either way, this 95,000-point rate for the Water Villa is a steal. If this is indeed a mistake, and Hilton ends up honoring the rate at the Conrad Maldives, you could come away with a great redemption.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 95,000 points per night are worth $570. So, you’re getting a terrific value on a room that typically hovers around the $1,400 per night mark. One reader reported that they were able to upgrade their room without a change in rate.
When it comes to using points in the Maldives for overwater rooms, your options are fairly limited. You could book the St. Regis Maldives bungalow for 90,000 Starpoints per night — a property TPG loved when he stayed last year. Alternatively, you could book the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa for a relative steal, at just 25,000 World of Hyatt points per night. Act quick if you’re thinking of booking an overwater room at the Conrad Maldives, as there’s no telling how long this reduced award rate will be around.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 70,000 Miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $980
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2x miles on AA purchases plus 2x miles at gas stations and at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers and car rental merchants. Get your first checked bag free.
- Designed for businesses
- For a limited time: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases in first 4 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries to reduce travel costs and boost your bottom line*
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi when you use your card*
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and at gas stations*
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees*