Book Now: Overwater Villas at Conrad Maldives at the Same Rate as a Standard Room
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The aspirational Conrad Maldives property has just made its overwater villas more attainable. In the past, its standard level of room, the Beach Villa, was the only room in available to book at a reasonable rate with Honors points. Now, however, we’re seeing plenty of dates with Water Villas priced at the same rate as Beach Villas — 95,000 Honors points per night.
Since both the Beach Villa and the luxurious Water Villa are pricing at the same rate, this is likely a mistake. We’re seeing plenty of availability through much of 2018. To search, head to the hotel’s website and search for flexible dates. When you find availability at the 95,000 level, scroll to see if the Water Villa is also available at the same rate.
Typically, you can only book these rooms by paying outright with cash or by paying 322,000 points per night. Additionally, you could book the standard Beach Villa and then pay with cash to upgrade to the Water Villa. Either way, this 95,000-point rate for the Water Villa is a steal. If this is indeed a mistake, and Hilton ends up honoring the rate at the Conrad Maldives, you could come away with a great redemption.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 95,000 points per night are worth $570. So, you’re getting a terrific value on a room that typically hovers around the $1,400 per night mark. One reader reported that they were able to upgrade their room without a change in rate.
When it comes to using points in the Maldives for overwater rooms, your options are fairly limited. You could book the St. Regis Maldives bungalow for 90,000 Starpoints per night — a property TPG loved when he stayed last year. Alternatively, you could book the Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa for a relative steal, at just 25,000 World of Hyatt points per night. Act quick if you’re thinking of booking an overwater room at the Conrad Maldives, as there’s no telling how long this reduced award rate will be around.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.