Chick-fil-A Opens on Sunday to Feed Stranded ATL Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In a rare move, Atlanta-based fast-food chain Chick-fil-A opened its doors on a Sunday. The company, known for its legendary chicken sandwiches, broke tradition and resumed operations to provide food to stranded passengers at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). More than 1,000 flights were grounded after a power outage, leaving stranded customers weary and delayed for almost 11 hours.
Luckily, Chick-fil-A mobilized its employees to work to feed the stranded ATL passengers Sunday night. According to Chick-fil-A spokesperson, Jackie Jags, the mayor called around 10pm and asked for assistance.
“We immediately mobilized staff and team members who live and work near the airport, and they are making sandwiches and delivering them to the EOC (emergency operations center),” Jags said.
Atlanta Mayor, Kasim Reed, later thanked Chick-fil-A and its CEO for the assistance, confirming that 2,000 meals had already been handed out to hungry travelers as of 11:30pm on Sunday.
— Kasim Reed (@KasimReed) December 18, 2017
Featured image by Chick-fil-A; video courtesy of FoxNews. H/T AJC.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees