Chick-fil-A Opens on Sunday to Feed Stranded ATL Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In a rare move, Atlanta-based fast-food chain Chick-fil-A opened its doors on a Sunday. The company, known for its legendary chicken sandwiches, broke tradition and resumed operations to provide food to stranded passengers at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). More than 1,000 flights were grounded after a power outage, leaving stranded customers weary and delayed for almost 11 hours.
Luckily, Chick-fil-A mobilized its employees to work to feed the stranded ATL passengers Sunday night. According to Chick-fil-A spokesperson, Jackie Jags, the mayor called around 10pm and asked for assistance.
“We immediately mobilized staff and team members who live and work near the airport, and they are making sandwiches and delivering them to the EOC (emergency operations center),” Jags said.
Atlanta Mayor, Kasim Reed, later thanked Chick-fil-A and its CEO for the assistance, confirming that 2,000 meals had already been handed out to hungry travelers as of 11:30pm on Sunday.
— Kasim Reed (@KasimReed) December 18, 2017
Featured image by Chick-fil-A; video courtesy of FoxNews. H/T AJC.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.