Amenity Kit Review: Emirates Airline First Class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates is known for its top-notch product and service for premier passengers — for proof, just see their new first class suites. The inflight experience is the heart of the brand and Emirates’ updated amenity kits prove it. The new, stylish kits are available only on first-class long-haul night flights (and on flights over 10 hours) as of November 2017.
Bag Designer and Amenity Provider: Bulgari
First Class Men’s Kit
Compared to the carrier’s men’s kit from 2016, this one is roomier, making it easier for travelers to carry any additional items. Its opens as a trifold and allows for more space to hold items in its five-part compartment. Although the dark grey color is the same, the most noticeable change is that there’s no longer a strap. Instead, there’s an addition of the hanging loop which seems to be promising for continued use as a travel toiletry kit.
This kit includes a variety of high-quality essentials, scented with the clean, classic Bulgari favorite, au thé Blanc (white tea). Inside, you’ll find:
- Body lotion
- Bulgari after shave balm
- Bulgari eau de cologne
- Bulgari refreshing towel
- Bvlgari lip balm
- Shaver and Gillette shaving foam
- Dental set with toothbrush and Colgate toothpaste
- Lynx Black deodorant spray
- Hair brush/ comb
- Tissue pack
First Class Women’s Kit
This Bulgari kit will definitely catch your eye. This sleek women’s bag is the perfect size for everything necessary to travel in style. The zipper has a circular Bulgari logo, giving travelers a touch of luxury to unzip and reveal the contents. The outer case has no print or logo; however this kit still screams posh style.
The contents of the women’s kit are greater than the men’s kit. Inside, the bag has a cloth lining and compartments on one side; the products have the same au thè Blanc (white tea) fragrance.
- Bulgari lip balm
- Bulgari body lotion
- Bulgari nourishing face emulsion
- Bulgari nourishing hand cream
- Bulgari eau de parfum
- Bulgari refreshing perfumed towel
- Compact mirror
- Dental case with toothbrush and Colgate toothpaste
- Hair brush / comb
- Tissue pack
When it comes to upscale travel, the new bags are definitely an upgrade because they’re fashionable and reusable. Both kits feature a variety of Bulgari-made and branded products — from skin care to lip balm — all fragranced with Bulgari’s au thé Blanc, a clean, fresh white tea scent that is remarkably unisex. The majority of the products are generously sized and reusable, making it for good use after the flight.
Worth noting: The perfume in the women’s kit is housed in a oval-shaped glass bottle and has enough fragrance in it to scent an entire voyage; the sizes of the toothbrushes are standard, rather than the typical compact size. The men’s kit can be used as a storage bag, while the women’s case is meant to be reused as the perfect travel clutch.
If you’re flying in Emirates first class, be sure to grab one of these kits. As for the new updated first class suite that impressed TPG editor-at-large Zach Honig on the inaugural flight, note that it’s available only on Emirates’ 777 flying from Dubai to Brussels and Geneva (GVA), once per day to each city. Other routes have yet to be confirmed as the fleet is refurbished.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.