This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates is known for its top-notch product and service for premier passengers — for proof, just see their new first class suites. The inflight experience is the heart of the brand and Emirates’ updated amenity kits prove it. The new, stylish kits are available only on first-class long-haul night flights (and on flights over 10 hours) as of November 2017.
Bag Designer and Amenity Provider: Bulgari
First Class Men’s Kit
Compared to the carrier’s men’s kit from 2016, this one is roomier, making it easier for travelers to carry any additional items. Its opens as a trifold and allows for more space to hold items in its five-part compartment. Although the dark grey color is the same, the most noticeable change is that there’s no longer a strap. Instead, there’s an addition of the hanging loop which seems to be promising for continued use as a travel toiletry kit.
This kit includes a variety of high-quality essentials, scented with the clean, classic Bulgari favorite, au thé Blanc (white tea). Inside, you’ll find:
- Body lotion
- Bulgari after shave balm
- Bulgari eau de cologne
- Bulgari refreshing towel
- Bvlgari lip balm
- Shaver and Gillette shaving foam
- Dental set with toothbrush and Colgate toothpaste
- Lynx Black deodorant spray
- Hair brush/ comb
- Tissue pack
First Class Women’s Kit
This Bulgari kit will definitely catch your eye. This sleek women’s bag is the perfect size for everything necessary to travel in style. The zipper has a circular Bulgari logo, giving travelers a touch of luxury to unzip and reveal the contents. The outer case has no print or logo; however this kit still screams posh style.
The contents of the women’s kit are greater than the men’s kit. Inside, the bag has a cloth lining and compartments on one side; the products have the same au thè Blanc (white tea) fragrance.
- Bulgari lip balm
- Bulgari body lotion
- Bulgari nourishing face emulsion
- Bulgari nourishing hand cream
- Bulgari eau de parfum
- Bulgari refreshing perfumed towel
- Compact mirror
- Dental case with toothbrush and Colgate toothpaste
- Hair brush / comb
- Tissue pack
When it comes to upscale travel, the new bags are definitely an upgrade because they’re fashionable and reusable. Both kits feature a variety of Bulgari-made and branded products — from skin care to lip balm — all fragranced with Bulgari’s au thé Blanc, a clean, fresh white tea scent that is remarkably unisex. The majority of the products are generously sized and reusable, making it for good use after the flight.
Worth noting: The perfume in the women’s kit is housed in a oval-shaped glass bottle and has enough fragrance in it to scent an entire voyage; the sizes of the toothbrushes are standard, rather than the typical compact size. The men’s kit can be used as a storage bag, while the women’s case is meant to be reused as the perfect travel clutch.
If you’re flying in Emirates first class, be sure to grab one of these kits. As for the new updated first class suite that impressed TPG editor-at-large Zach Honig on the inaugural flight, note that it’s available only on Emirates’ 777 flying from Dubai to Brussels and Geneva (GVA), once per day to each city. Other routes have yet to be confirmed as the fleet is refurbished.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees