Watch Boeing Assemble a Brand-New 737 MAX 8 in Less Than 2 Minutes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Canada took delivery of its first Boeing 737 MAX 8 at the end of October, and since then, it’s received one more from Boeing. Now, with two of the aircraft in its fleet, Air Canada is ready to welcome the rest of its order of 61 MAX variants throughout the next couple of years.
But before Air Canada can welcome the new aircraft into its fleet, they have to be built at one of Boeing’s plants — this specific model is assembled in Renton, Washington. Check out this awesome two-minute timelapse video of the assembly process for the brand-new aircraft. It’s truly a marvel of modern engineering:
This timelapse is exciting for any AvGeek to watch, and is sure to make anyone want to get on a flight to somewhere far away. Inside Air Canada’s 737 MAX, you’ll find a two-class configuration of business and economy, with 16 and 153 seats, respectively. Beginning next summer, the carrier will launch these aircraft on transatlantic routes to Ireland.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.