Tip: How to Find Denver Airport’s Best-Kept Security Secret
Denver is one of the hottest places in the US to visit at the moment, and for those with only a quick weekend to spend in the Mile High City, time is of the essence. If you’ve ever flown out of Denver International Airport (DEN), you already know to expect exorbitant wait times in either of the airport’s main security queues. But if you’d rather spend your last few hours in town at a brewery instead of in a long line, there’s an easy way to avoid the crowds.
After check-in, stay on the upper level and look for the pedestrian bridge (opposite end from the Westin Hotel), located between the Main Terminal and Concourse A. Walk across the short bridge-way, which not only offers one last view of the Rockies, but is also “the only passenger bridge in the United States where people can watch a plane taxi beneath them.” You’ll then find sparsely populated security lines for TSA PreCheck, premium passengers and general travelers.
Some have said you can pass through security in as little as ten minutes, which is a fraction of the time you can expect to spend in the “regular” security lanes. Once on the other side, you’ll exit closest to the Concourse A gates, but the train to take you to gates in the B and C concourses is not far.
Featured image by tvirbickis / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees