This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Denver is one of the hottest places in the US to visit at the moment, and for those with only a quick weekend to spend in the Mile High City, time is of the essence. If you’ve ever flown out of Denver International Airport (DEN), you already know to expect exorbitant wait times in either of the airport’s main security queues. But if you’d rather spend your last few hours in town at a brewery instead of in a long line, there’s an easy way to avoid the crowds.
After check-in, stay on the upper level and look for the pedestrian bridge (opposite end from the Westin Hotel), located between the Main Terminal and Concourse A. Walk across the short bridge-way, which not only offers one last view of the Rockies, but is also “the only passenger bridge in the United States where people can watch a plane taxi beneath them.” You’ll then find sparsely populated security lines for TSA PreCheck, premium passengers and general travelers.
Some have said you can pass through security in as little as ten minutes, which is a fraction of the time you can expect to spend in the “regular” security lanes. Once on the other side, you’ll exit closest to the Concourse A gates, but the train to take you to gates in the B and C concourses is not far.
Featured image by tvirbickis / Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees