This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Denver is one of the hottest places in the US to visit at the moment, and for those with only a quick weekend to spend in the Mile High City, time is of the essence. If you’ve ever flown out of Denver International Airport (DEN), you already know to expect exorbitant wait times in either of the airport’s main security queues. But if you’d rather spend your last few hours in town at a brewery instead of in a long line, there’s an easy way to avoid the crowds.
After check-in, stay on the upper level and look for the pedestrian bridge (opposite end from the Westin Hotel), located between the Main Terminal and Concourse A. Walk across the short bridge-way, which not only offers one last view of the Rockies, but is also “the only passenger bridge in the United States where people can watch a plane taxi beneath them.” You’ll then find sparsely populated security lines for TSA PreCheck, premium passengers and general travelers.
Some have said you can pass through security in as little as ten minutes, which is a fraction of the time you can expect to spend in the “regular” security lanes. Once on the other side, you’ll exit closest to the Concourse A gates, but the train to take you to gates in the B and C concourses is not far.
Featured image by tvirbickis / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards