This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s not a whole lot to get excited about when you fly domestically these days — cramped seats, (maybe) a minuscule bag of pretzels and a plastic cup of Coca-Cola are the “highlights” of your typical domestic jump. Typically, one of the lamest parts of the flight is the safety demonstration — frequent flyer’s eyes glaze over and they tune out the flight attendant droning on about how to buckle a seatbelt.
But for those aboard Southwest flight 1597 on November 9, passengers were definitely paying attention. One of the flight attendants performed a hilariously provocative rendition of the pre-flight safety presentation that had the entire cabin erupting in laughter. The man of the hour, Nicholas Demore, can be seen adding his special “flair” on how to operate a life vest and somehow creates entertaining material out of perhaps what is the most mundane object on board — the seatback safety card.
“Your flight attendants are walking the walk and strutting [their] stuff to make sure your seatbelts [are] securely fastened,” you can hear over the intercom as Demore sashays down the aisle, hinting that he may moonlight as a runway model
Watch the video and try not to laugh — even the flight attendant announcing the safety procedures had a hard time keeping it together.
Demore told WIST10 about his reasoning for his hilarious performance:
“With what is happening in today’s world, people need to smile more and that is why I do my fun safety demo. Every passenger has a story, and you never know what someone is going through on a day-to-day basis. Their travels can be taking them on vacation, girls weekend, or a golf trip, but they could also be going to see a friend in the hospital, to take care of their elderly parents, or even a funeral. I love being able to make them forget their troubles or enhance their trip just by being me, and Southwest lets me bring my personality to my job.”
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards