Sultry Southwest Flight Attendant Is the Hero Commercial Aviation Needs
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s not a whole lot to get excited about when you fly domestically these days — cramped seats, (maybe) a minuscule bag of pretzels and a plastic cup of Coca-Cola are the “highlights” of your typical domestic jump. Typically, one of the lamest parts of the flight is the safety demonstration — frequent flyer’s eyes glaze over and they tune out the flight attendant droning on about how to buckle a seatbelt.
But for those aboard Southwest flight 1597 on November 9, passengers were definitely paying attention. One of the flight attendants performed a hilariously provocative rendition of the pre-flight safety presentation that had the entire cabin erupting in laughter. The man of the hour, Nicholas Demore, can be seen adding his special “flair” on how to operate a life vest and somehow creates entertaining material out of perhaps what is the most mundane object on board — the seatback safety card.
“Your flight attendants are walking the walk and strutting [their] stuff to make sure your seatbelts [are] securely fastened,” you can hear over the intercom as Demore sashays down the aisle, hinting that he may moonlight as a runway model
Watch the video and try not to laugh — even the flight attendant announcing the safety procedures had a hard time keeping it together.
Demore told WIST10 about his reasoning for his hilarious performance:
“With what is happening in today’s world, people need to smile more and that is why I do my fun safety demo. Every passenger has a story, and you never know what someone is going through on a day-to-day basis. Their travels can be taking them on vacation, girls weekend, or a golf trip, but they could also be going to see a friend in the hospital, to take care of their elderly parents, or even a funeral. I love being able to make them forget their troubles or enhance their trip just by being me, and Southwest lets me bring my personality to my job.”
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees