Score Your Own Plunge Pool at These 6 Luxury Hotels Around the World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For many hotels, a pool with a killer view can be a major selling point. But if swimming in public isn’t your style, that’s okay, too. There are dozens of luxury hotels that offer guests — especially those willing to pay top dollar — rooms complete with their own private plunge pool. And while most of these higher category rooms aren’t bookable with points, elite members might get lucky and score an upgrade. Here are six of our favorites around the world.
1. The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa
Nestled in the hills overlooking the crystal clear beaches of one of Japan’s most underrated destinations, The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa is nothing short of magnificent. Water is a central element in the hotel’s design, a fact that’s made immediately apparent by the open air pond that snakes its way through the property. While the hotel offers courtesy shuttles down the hill to the beach, eight of its cabana rooms bring the relaxation right to your doorstep. Note that while the whirlpool itself is incredibly private, the area right behind the wall is part of the hotel pool so it can get noisy during the day. Rates for the cabana rooms start at about 58,000 yen (~$508) per night in November.
2. The Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
Its hard to think of Bali without conjuring up images of stunning infinity pools hanging over the water’s edge, but the Four Seasons takes this to an entirely new level. Whether you’re in the mood for a secluded villa…
… a picturesque sunset over the water …
…or a beautiful hybrid of the two (pictured below), the Four Seasons Bali at Jimbaran Bay has what you’re looking for. In fact, each of the 156 suites and villas here has its own private plunge pool. Rates start at about $670 per night for a garden villa and climb well over $1,000 for an ocean view. Deluxe villas with partial ocean views go for about $1,000, while premier ocean villas with panoramic seaside views start at $1,300 a night.
3. The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
The overwater villas at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort are on every traveler’s bucket list and are a personal favorite of TPG himself. But what do you get when you mix a modern, upscale property, a private island with ocean views as far as the eye can see and overwater plunge pools? The answer is somewhere between excessive and ironic. Add in the fact that this unbelievable view can be booked with points, and things really start to get exciting.
An overwater villa will run you 90,000 Starpoints per night, worth about $2,430 based on TPG’s latest valuations. That’s an expensive room, especially considering that cash rates start as low as $1,000 during the off season. During peak season, which runs from November to April, however, rates can climb as high as $2,000 a night. If you’re flexible with your travel dates, SPG occasionally runs a promotion that drops the price of these rooms down to 58,500 Starpoints per night. And while that’s still on the pricey side, you can stack it with SPG’s 5th night free deal and pay as little as 46,800 Starpoints a night, worth ~$1,260 according to TPG.
4. W South Beach
The W South Beach boasts a prime location just a few blocks from Miami’s famous Lincoln Road, beach front access and — for a few lucky high rollers — a penthouse ocean view suite complete with a rooftop pool and enough seating for all your friends and family. In case the 2,200 feet of interior space ever starts to feel too small for you, you can step outside to your private balcony and take in gorgeous views of the ocean and city from the comfort of your pool. But be prepared, it’s going to cost you. Rates for this magnificent suite start at a whopping $7,000 a night and can climb above $15,000 a night for the E-WOW ocean view penthouse. For that much money, they better be sending a piece of the beach home with you!
5. Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa
Located on the beautiful French Polynesian island of Moorea, the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa offers a stunning combination of overwater bungalows and more secluded garden villas. While the overwater bungalows will get you closest to the turquoise ocean, if you’re looking for a private pool to relax in, the garden villas are what you want. While rates for these — which, by the way, come in both King and Twin varieties — start at about $550 to $650 depending on the season, they’re also bookable using Hilton Honors points. Thanks to Hilton’s more “flexible” award pricing, one night in a garden villa will run you up to 154,000 points, worth $924 according to TPG’s latest valuations.
6. Sheraton Hua Hin Resort and Spa
While the Lagoon isn’t nearly as private as some of the pools mentioned above, the unique U-shape design at the Sheraton Hua Hin Resort and Spa offers guests in most ground level rooms direct access to the central pool. The lagoon-access rooms are reasonably priced, starting at about $250 a night, and while rates at this Category 4 property start at just 10,000 Starpoints per night, awards are booked into the lowest room category, which doesn’t include lagoon access — SPG and Marriott elite members might get lucky with an upgrade, but there’s no guarantee.
Have you stayed at any of these hotels? Tell us about your experience, below.
Featured image by the Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees