This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If exploring Mexico’s ancient Mayan ruins, playing golf, swimming with whale sharks and sleeping in one luxury hotel after another sounds like the perfect way to spend half a year of your life, have we got a dream job for you: Cancun.com, the new tourism website for one of Mexico’s most popular destinations, is looking to hire a CEO — Cancun Experience Officer — to serve as the official face of the city and its new website.
So just what does a Cancun Experience Officer do? Well, that’s the best part. The only skills required to land the gig are some social media-savvy and a desire to spend six months of your life exploring the many wonders Cancun has to offer beyond the beach, though there will be plenty of time for sunbathing, too. Officially, the job description reads as follows:
“We are seeking an outgoing, authentic and dynamic individual (or team) to represent the amazing destination of Cancun as our CEO – Cancun Experience Officer. As the CEO, you’ll be sent to live in one of the most beautiful destinations on the planet for six months to tell stories through videos, photographs and words. You’ll get paid to dive into the culture, charm and wonder of Cancun and share your experiences with a worldwide audience.”
As if the chance to spend six months on what could be considered a “working vacation” weren’t enough to pique your interest, there’s an actual salary, too — and an impressive one at that: the chosen applicant will pocket $10,000 a month for the six months they spend documenting the many adventures that await visitors to Cancun. And you won’t have to shell out a penny of that for your daily adventures; all work-related hotels, excursions and equipment will be paid for by Cancun.com.
Interested applicants must be willing and able to spend six months living in Cancun — from March to August 2018 — without interruption and be prepared to shoot videos, write blog posts, take photos and create other content for Cancun.com and its social media channels. The deadline for applications, which can be submitted online, is December 17, 2017.
It’s worth noting that in August, the US did issue a travel warning for Cancun and other areas in Mexico, so you’ll want to read up on that before you go. Still, quitting your day job never sounded so appealing.
Featured image by Wolfgang Kaehler/LightRocket/Getty Images.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards