Earn 10x Points on Best Buy and Walmart Purchases With Chase Pay
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Chase has launched two promotions that will have you racking in Ultimate Rewards points this holiday season.
Right now when using Chase Pay you can earn 10x points or 10% cash back on all purchases through Walmart and Best Buy. Although, you’ll need to be a Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants) or Chase Freedom Unlimited cardholder to be eligible for the bonus points.
The promotions operate in a similar fashion, although with a few key differences. Walmart’s last until December 14 and caps you at $325 in purchases. So you’ll receive a max of 3,250 bonus points, which according to TPG’s most recent valuations are worth $71.50. If you’ve already maxed out your 5% quarterly bonus on the Freedom card, you’ll only earn 6% back or 6x points on the purchases.
With Walmart it appears you can shop online and checkout with Chase Pay.
Best Buy’s promotion lasts until December 24 and has a cap of $400 in purchases, meaning you can receive up to 4,000 bonus UR Points, worth $88. Keep in mind that you can only use Chase Pay with Best Buy for in-store purchases — so you’ll have to download the Chase Pay app and use it in the check-out line. Chase Pay is the bank’s very own “digital wallet” similar to Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.
If you have yet to do your holiday shopping, don’t miss out on these two phenomenal opportunities to earn a whole bunch of bonus Ultimate Rewards!
Featured image by Spencer Platt via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
SIGN-UP BONUS: 50,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on all travel and dining, $300 annual travel credit, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year. Through December 31, 2021, gas station & grocery store purchases will also count towards earning your Travel Credit
- Earn 5X total points on air travel and 10X total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3X points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 50% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,300+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select and up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more