Win Up to One Million Best Western Points in Holiday Giveaway
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While not the most exotic hotel points program, Best Western Rewards is trying to make a splash with a massive 115 million point “Go. Get. Rewarded.” giveaway now through Cyber Monday. In addition to over 155,000 awards between 100 and 10,000 points, there will be ten 100,000 point winners and four 1 million point winners. Make sure to enter daily through 11:59pm Eastern on November 27 to have a chance to win one of these prizes.
Everyone with a Best Western Rewards account will get one spin per day — if you don’t have an account, you can create one the first time you play. Best Western loyalists will earn a bonus spin “for every ten (10) eligible stays … using your Best Western Rewards number in any Best Western branded hotel in the United States or Canada from January 1, 2017 through November 23, 2017.” Based on my experience, this bonus spin is applied the first time you log in to play.
The official rules (caution: PDF link) also note that members can get up to 10 “Non-Purchase Spins.” In order to do this, the rules say to “visit the Website and follow the link to access the non-purchase spin request page and complete all data requested on the request form.” However, I can’t find this request form. Feel free to share below in the comments if you spot it.
Based on TPG’s valuations, the four 1,000,000 point grand prizes are valued at $7,000 each. Interestingly, the Approximate Retail Value for the Grand Prize is stated at $1,750. This might be the first time that a giveaway’s ARV is less than TPG’s valuations.
To help you spend these points, Best Western is also running a spend promotion offering a special 10,000 point rate for a free night “valid for a stay at any Best Western branded hotel in North America.” However, the free night must be redeemed before January 31, 2018.
Here’s how the prizes are laid out:
|Number of Prizes||Points Awarded||Value of award||Stated Odds|
|100,000||100||$0.70||1 in 4|
|50,000||1,000||$7||1 in 8|
|5,000||10,000||$70||1 in 80|
|10||100,000||$700||1 in 40,000|
|4||1,000,000||$7,000||1 in 100,000|
For those that are really nerdy like me: Since we have stated odds for each prize, we can calculate the expected return from playing this promotion. Based on the awards and odds, you can expect to win 288 points — worth just over $2 based on TPG’s valuations.
You don’t need to be a statistician to figure out that the most likely prize you’ll win is what I received on my first spin:
If you win one of the grand prizes, Best Western will “contact you by phone on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 to award your points,” so “make sure your contact information is up to date in your member profile on bestwestern.com.”
Featured image courtesy of Best Western Posada Royale.
H/T: The Gate
Did you win one of the 155,014 prizes?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees