An ‘Activist Hotel’ Will Soon Be a Thing in Washington D.C.
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Activism is everywhere today — from political marches to viral hashtags — and it’s only beginning to gain speed. Enter the soon-to-open Eaton Hotel, a Washington D.C. property inspired by social change.
The Washington D.C. location, one of four Eatons on deck (the others are slated for Hong Kong, Seattle, and San Francisco), is due to open in April. The food-and-drink program, helmed by local restaurateurs (Kyirisan’s Tim Ma and Columbia Room’s Derek Brown), includes a restaurant, rooftop bar and coffeehouse. Art studios, a movie theater, a radio station and a wellness center (for yoga, meditation and Reiki) will round out the amenities offerings, and Eaton House, a members-only coworking space, will serve as a daytime office and library.
So where does the theme of activism come in? Through special events, guest speakers and political programming; plus, in elements like the gender-neutral bathroom logo, which was designed by an influential transgender artist, according to Curbed.
H/T: Fast Company
Featured image by Gachot/Washingtonian
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees