This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Activism is everywhere today — from political marches to viral hashtags — and it’s only beginning to gain speed. Enter the soon-to-open Eaton Hotel, a Washington D.C. property inspired by social change.
The Washington D.C. location, one of four Eatons on deck (the others are slated for Hong Kong, Seattle, and San Francisco), is due to open in April. The food-and-drink program, helmed by local restaurateurs (Kyirisan’s Tim Ma and Columbia Room’s Derek Brown), includes a restaurant, rooftop bar and coffeehouse. Art studios, a movie theater, a radio station and a wellness center (for yoga, meditation and Reiki) will round out the amenities offerings, and Eaton House, a members-only coworking space, will serve as a daytime office and library.
So where does the theme of activism come in? Through special events, guest speakers and political programming; plus, in elements like the gender-neutral bathroom logo, which was designed by an influential transgender artist, according to Curbed.
H/T: Fast Company
Featured image by Gachot/Washingtonian
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees