This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Activism is everywhere today — from political marches to viral hashtags — and it’s only beginning to gain speed. Enter the soon-to-open Eaton Hotel, a Washington D.C. property inspired by social change.
The Washington D.C. location, one of four Eatons on deck (the others are slated for Hong Kong, Seattle, and San Francisco), is due to open in April. The food-and-drink program, helmed by local restaurateurs (Kyirisan’s Tim Ma and Columbia Room’s Derek Brown), includes a restaurant, rooftop bar and coffeehouse. Art studios, a movie theater, a radio station and a wellness center (for yoga, meditation and Reiki) will round out the amenities offerings, and Eaton House, a members-only coworking space, will serve as a daytime office and library.
So where does the theme of activism come in? Through special events, guest speakers and political programming; plus, in elements like the gender-neutral bathroom logo, which was designed by an influential transgender artist, according to Curbed.
H/T: Fast Company
Featured image by Gachot/Washingtonian
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees