An ‘Activist Hotel’ Will Soon Be a Thing in Washington D.C.
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Activism is everywhere today — from political marches to viral hashtags — and it’s only beginning to gain speed. Enter the soon-to-open Eaton Hotel, a Washington D.C. property inspired by social change.
The Washington D.C. location, one of four Eatons on deck (the others are slated for Hong Kong, Seattle, and San Francisco), is due to open in April. The food-and-drink program, helmed by local restaurateurs (Kyirisan’s Tim Ma and Columbia Room’s Derek Brown), includes a restaurant, rooftop bar and coffeehouse. Art studios, a movie theater, a radio station and a wellness center (for yoga, meditation and Reiki) will round out the amenities offerings, and Eaton House, a members-only coworking space, will serve as a daytime office and library.
So where does the theme of activism come in? Through special events, guest speakers and political programming; plus, in elements like the gender-neutral bathroom logo, which was designed by an influential transgender artist, according to Curbed.
H/T: Fast Company
Featured image by Gachot/Washingtonian
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.