An ‘Activist Hotel’ Will Soon Be a Thing in Washington D.C.
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Activism is everywhere today — from political marches to viral hashtags — and it’s only beginning to gain speed. Enter the soon-to-open Eaton Hotel, a Washington D.C. property inspired by social change.
The Washington D.C. location, one of four Eatons on deck (the others are slated for Hong Kong, Seattle, and San Francisco), is due to open in April. The food-and-drink program, helmed by local restaurateurs (Kyirisan’s Tim Ma and Columbia Room’s Derek Brown), includes a restaurant, rooftop bar and coffeehouse. Art studios, a movie theater, a radio station and a wellness center (for yoga, meditation and Reiki) will round out the amenities offerings, and Eaton House, a members-only coworking space, will serve as a daytime office and library.
So where does the theme of activism come in? Through special events, guest speakers and political programming; plus, in elements like the gender-neutral bathroom logo, which was designed by an influential transgender artist, according to Curbed.
H/T: Fast Company
Featured image by Gachot/Washingtonian
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.