Are These the Reopening Dates For American’s LAX Lounges?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s interesting how much you can learn just by asking. American Airlines has been targeting “by the end of 2017” for the reopening date of its LAX Terminal 4 Admirals Club lounge and accompanying new Flagship Lounge and Flagship Dining.
When transiting through LAX today, I stopped by the temporary customer service center that’s been set up in lieu of the closed Admirals Club lounge. As I checked in, I asked the agent when the Admirals Club lounge would re-open. “A week from Tuesday!” she happily replied. And the Flagship Lounge? “December 8” she confided to me.
Of course, that’s just what one agent — who isn’t directly involved in the construction — is saying. So, we checked with American Airlines communications to see if there was validity to this report. An airline spokesperson was a lot more cautious with the dates, noting the airline doesn’t want customers to be disappointed by further construction delays.
The spokesperson confirmed that the whole complex — including the Admirals Club, the Flagship Lounge and Flagship Dining — are still scheduled to fully open in “mid to late December.” However, if portions of the lounge can be opened sooner, the airline is considering re-opening the complex in parts. And sure enough, according to AA’s spokesperson, the Admirals Club portion of the lounge is “on target to open around Thanksgiving.”
In the meantime, in addition to the temporary center in LAX Terminal 4, the airline still operates permanent Admirals Clubs in Terminal 5 and the “Eagle’s Nest” regional terminal. Qualifying passengers departing out of the Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) can use the Oneworld lounge or the incredible Qantas First lounge.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees