This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency. In this case, Orbitz or Expedia have cheap rates, but Priceline is selling this deal at the cheapest available prices. All three OTAs allow you to cancel flights without penalty within 24 hours of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of OTA courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Delta and Virgin Australia are running absolutely spectacular deals from Dallas to Australia! Make sure you book these tickets quickly, as these prices are likely to disappear soon.
Airline: Delta, Virgin Australia
Routes: DFW/DAL to MEL/SYD
Cost: $174+ round-trip in economy
Dates: October 2017 — May 2018
Booking Link: Priceline
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Dallas (DFW) to Melbourne, Australia (MEL) for $174 round-trip in April:
Dallas (DFW) to Melbourne, Australia (MEL) for $184 round-trip in February:
Dallas (DFW) to Melbourne, Australia (MEL) for $189 round-trip in February:
Dallas (DFW) to Melbourne, Australia (MEL) for $233 round-trip in May:
Dallas (DAL) to Sydney, Australia (SYD) for $302 round-trip in February:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
H/T: The Flight Deal
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards