This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Los Angeles-based flyers will soon have yet another option for nonstop flights to China, when Air China launches a route between LAX and Shenzhen (SZX). The new flight will begin on December 7, 2017 and will operate three times per week — on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays — with the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
The flights will operate with the following schedule:
- CA769 Shenzhen (SZX) 11:30pm Departure ⇒ Los Angeles (LAX) 8:00pm Arrival
- CA770 Los Angeles (LAX) 10:50pm Departure ⇒ Shenzhen (SZX) 5:40am (+2) Arrival
Air China‘s 787-9s have 30 lie-flat seats in business class, 34 recliner seats in premium economy in a 3-3-3 configuration and 229 economy seats, also in a 3-3-3 pattern. The business class cabin features the same type of seat that you’ll find on United’s Dreamliners. While the seats are fully lie-flat, the 2-2-2 configuration means that not every seat will have direct aisle access.
Shenzhen is located only about 20 miles from Hong Kong, which means that SZX could be another option to look at if you want to go to HK. Even better, there’s plenty of award availability for this new flight. Here’s a screenshot of availability for saver awards in economy and business class:
As a reminder, Air China is a Star Alliance partner, meaning you can redeem United miles for its flights. A one-way economy ticket will cost you 35,000 plus $5.60 in taxes and fees, while one way in business runs for 80,000 miles plus the same in taxes and fees. If you don’t have enough miles in your United account, remember that Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer to United MileagePlus at a 1:1 ratio. If you’d rather pay cash, a round-trip economy ticket will cost $477 with the outbound segment being the inaugural flight. That same flight costs $3,289 booked directly with Air China.
Is anyone planning to book Air China’s new flight between Los Angeles and Shenzhen?
Featured image by shunli zhao via Getty Images.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that