Air China to Launch Nonstop Flights Between Los Angeles and Shenzhen
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Los Angeles-based flyers will soon have yet another option for nonstop flights to China, when Air China launches a route between LAX and Shenzhen (SZX). The new flight will begin on December 7, 2017 and will operate three times per week — on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays — with the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
The flights will operate with the following schedule:
- CA769 Shenzhen (SZX) 11:30pm Departure ⇒ Los Angeles (LAX) 8:00pm Arrival
- CA770 Los Angeles (LAX) 10:50pm Departure ⇒ Shenzhen (SZX) 5:40am (+2) Arrival
Air China‘s 787-9s have 30 lie-flat seats in business class, 34 recliner seats in premium economy in a 3-3-3 configuration and 229 economy seats, also in a 3-3-3 pattern. The business class cabin features the same type of seat that you’ll find on United’s Dreamliners. While the seats are fully lie-flat, the 2-2-2 configuration means that not every seat will have direct aisle access.
Shenzhen is located only about 20 miles from Hong Kong, which means that SZX could be another option to look at if you want to go to HK. Even better, there’s plenty of award availability for this new flight. Here’s a screenshot of availability for saver awards in economy and business class:
As a reminder, Air China is a Star Alliance partner, meaning you can redeem United miles for its flights. A one-way economy ticket will cost you 35,000 plus $5.60 in taxes and fees, while one way in business runs for 80,000 miles plus the same in taxes and fees. If you don’t have enough miles in your United account, remember that Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer to United MileagePlus at a 1:1 ratio. If you’d rather pay cash, a round-trip economy ticket will cost $477 with the outbound segment being the inaugural flight. That same flight costs $3,289 booked directly with Air China.
Is anyone planning to book Air China’s new flight between Los Angeles and Shenzhen?
Featured image by shunli zhao via Getty Images.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.