This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Los Angeles-based flyers will soon have yet another option for nonstop flights to China, when Air China launches a route between LAX and Shenzhen (SZX). The new flight will begin on December 7, 2017 and will operate three times per week — on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays — with the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
The flights will operate with the following schedule:
- CA769 Shenzhen (SZX) 11:30pm Departure ⇒ Los Angeles (LAX) 8:00pm Arrival
- CA770 Los Angeles (LAX) 10:50pm Departure ⇒ Shenzhen (SZX) 5:40am (+2) Arrival
Air China‘s 787-9s have 30 lie-flat seats in business class, 34 recliner seats in premium economy in a 3-3-3 configuration and 229 economy seats, also in a 3-3-3 pattern. The business class cabin features the same type of seat that you’ll find on United’s Dreamliners. While the seats are fully lie-flat, the 2-2-2 configuration means that not every seat will have direct aisle access.
Shenzhen is located only about 20 miles from Hong Kong, which means that SZX could be another option to look at if you want to go to HK. Even better, there’s plenty of award availability for this new flight. Here’s a screenshot of availability for saver awards in economy and business class:
As a reminder, Air China is a Star Alliance partner, meaning you can redeem United miles for its flights. A one-way economy ticket will cost you 35,000 plus $5.60 in taxes and fees, while one way in business runs for 80,000 miles plus the same in taxes and fees. If you don’t have enough miles in your United account, remember that Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer to United MileagePlus at a 1:1 ratio. If you’d rather pay cash, a round-trip economy ticket will cost $477 with the outbound segment being the inaugural flight. That same flight costs $3,289 booked directly with Air China.
Is anyone planning to book Air China’s new flight between Los Angeles and Shenzhen?
Featured image by shunli zhao via Getty Images.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees