Reader Contest: Come Fly With Us at the Star Alliance MegaDo!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of aviation’s biggest annual fan events kicks off in less than three weeks, and you can join for the ride! Now, to avoid getting anyone’s hopes up, I want to be clear right off the bat: Star MegaDo 8 is completely sold out. That said, we’ve been holding one ticket for a very lucky TPG reader, and we’re gearing up to give it away!
- Your choice of three Austrian Airlines tours, including airport operations, maintenance and catering
- Behind the scenes with Brussels Airlines at BRU, including a meet and greet with the CEO
- A World of Hyatt party at the incredible Park Hyatt Mallorca
While you’re on your own for hotel rooms and travel to and from Vienna and Mallorca, the winner will receive access to all the MegaDo activities in Vienna, Brussels and Mallorca. An Economy Class seat on the MegaDo charter is included, as are meals and transportation per the program.
You’ll also get to join a member of our team — either yours truly or TPG himself. So, yeah, this is one heck of a TPG giveaway!
So how can you win? First, you’ll need to be available to join the group in Vienna on Tuesday, September 19 and stick around through at least Friday, September 22. Next, you’ll need to be a member of our exclusive Facebook group, TPG Lounge. If you aren’t yet a member you can request to join — we can’t guarantee admission, but we’ll be reviewing applicants throughout the day. Once you’re in, you’ll want to look for our MegaDo post and leave a comment with your favorite aviation joke.
(Oh, and in case you’re wondering what qualifies as an “aviation joke” — that’s entirely up to you. I like this one from Nathan though… “How do you know when there’s a pilot in the room? He tells you.”)
Note that you’ll need to act quickly — the deadline for entries is 11:59pm Eastern Time tonight, Friday, September 1, 2017.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees