Amenity Kit Review: Singapore Airlines First-Class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This is the second post in our new review series in which TPG team members give their take on some of the snazziest amenity kits in the skies. Singapore Airlines’ first-class amenity kits pair well with the carrier’s luxurious reputation — they’re so over-the-top stylish, we wouldn’t be surprised to see them slipped into an A-lister’s Oscar gift bag. Here’s a look at the amenity kits for men and women.
Bag Designer and Amenities Provider: Salvatore Ferragamo
First-Class Men’s Kit
Pillow-padded walls give the bag’s interior an unexpectedly soft feel, while three elastic pockets keep the contents in place. It’s a roomy kit — much larger than it needs to be considering how few amenities it comes with. But the large size makes it easy to stuff in a full set of your own toiletries, meaning the next international trek to the bathroom will be done in style. You’ll want to show this designer case off.
The men’s kit doesn’t come with much, but that’s only because Singapore Airlines stashes normal amenity kit essentials — like toothbrushes, toothpaste and deodorant — in the first-class cabin bathrooms. In this kit, you’ll find a hand towel, aftershave, lip balm and bottle of Acqua Essenziale cologne by Salvatore Ferragamo. That hefty glass bottle was our favorite item — there’s enough fragrance in it to scent an entire plane.
First-Class Women’s Kit
Comparing Singapore’s women’s first-class bag to other amenity bags is like comparing a peacock to a pigeon: It’s simply not fair. This Salvatore Ferragamo bag — a designer clutch in every sense of the term — comes packaged with an easily attachable red leather strap. The outer case features a red patchwork design, while the inside mimics its male counter part. Put it all together and you have yourself a handbag more at home on Rodeo Drive than at 30,000 feet.
Like the men’s amenity kit, the women’s version doesn’t come with much. Inside you’ll find perfume — Signorina by Salvatore Ferragamo — lip balm, a hand towel and hand cream, with most other necessities located in the first-class bathroom.
Pretentiousness is not necessarily a bad thing in luxury travel and thus Singapore Airlines’ amenity kits receive top marks. For those lucky enough to receive one onboard, you’ll deplane with soft lips and a faint yet enduring scent of designer perfume.
Are there other airlines or amenity kits you’d like to see covered? Let us know in the comments, below.
All photos by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees