Royal Caribbean Ship Delivers Supplies to Puerto Rico, Picks Up Evacuees
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hurricane Maria left a path of devastation behind as it worked its way through the Caribbean last week. The storm hit Puerto Rico as a Category 4 hurricane the morning of September 20, causing widespread damage and power outages all over the island.
On Tuesday, Royal Caribbean announced it would cancel its upcoming Adventure of the Seas sailing so the ship could instead pick up evacuees and deliver much-needed supplies, including water, food, ice, medical supplies and other provisions to the island this week and next week. According to CNN, the ship, which can hold up to 3,800 passengers and is making relief stops in nearby St. Thomas and St. Croix, is also being used to transport evacuees to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Royal Caribbean’s not the only cruise line helping out in the Caribbean. Norwegian has pitched in with All Hands Volunteers, a disaster relief organization, to help with the rebuilding process, while Carnival has sent 11 of its own ships to offer relief, dropping off supplies for folks stranded in St. Maarten and Barbuda during its stops in St. Kitts and Antigua. As the recovery effort remains fluid and each island is working diligently to get back on its feet, the people of Puerto Rico are in dire need of assistance. Here’s how you can lend a hand.
H/T: CNN Money
Featured image courtesy of Royal Caribbean.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees