Royal Caribbean Ship Delivers Supplies to Puerto Rico, Picks Up Evacuees
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hurricane Maria left a path of devastation behind as it worked its way through the Caribbean last week. The storm hit Puerto Rico as a Category 4 hurricane the morning of September 20, causing widespread damage and power outages all over the island.
On Tuesday, Royal Caribbean announced it would cancel its upcoming Adventure of the Seas sailing so the ship could instead pick up evacuees and deliver much-needed supplies, including water, food, ice, medical supplies and other provisions to the island this week and next week. According to CNN, the ship, which can hold up to 3,800 passengers and is making relief stops in nearby St. Thomas and St. Croix, is also being used to transport evacuees to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Royal Caribbean’s not the only cruise line helping out in the Caribbean. Norwegian has pitched in with All Hands Volunteers, a disaster relief organization, to help with the rebuilding process, while Carnival has sent 11 of its own ships to offer relief, dropping off supplies for folks stranded in St. Maarten and Barbuda during its stops in St. Kitts and Antigua. As the recovery effort remains fluid and each island is working diligently to get back on its feet, the people of Puerto Rico are in dire need of assistance. Here’s how you can lend a hand.
H/T: CNN Money
Featured image courtesy of Royal Caribbean.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees