Royal Caribbean Ship Delivers Supplies to Puerto Rico, Picks Up Evacuees
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hurricane Maria left a path of devastation behind as it worked its way through the Caribbean last week. The storm hit Puerto Rico as a Category 4 hurricane the morning of September 20, causing widespread damage and power outages all over the island.
On Tuesday, Royal Caribbean announced it would cancel its upcoming Adventure of the Seas sailing so the ship could instead pick up evacuees and deliver much-needed supplies, including water, food, ice, medical supplies and other provisions to the island this week and next week. According to CNN, the ship, which can hold up to 3,800 passengers and is making relief stops in nearby St. Thomas and St. Croix, is also being used to transport evacuees to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Royal Caribbean’s not the only cruise line helping out in the Caribbean. Norwegian has pitched in with All Hands Volunteers, a disaster relief organization, to help with the rebuilding process, while Carnival has sent 11 of its own ships to offer relief, dropping off supplies for folks stranded in St. Maarten and Barbuda during its stops in St. Kitts and Antigua. As the recovery effort remains fluid and each island is working diligently to get back on its feet, the people of Puerto Rico are in dire need of assistance. Here’s how you can lend a hand.
H/T: CNN Money
Featured image courtesy of Royal Caribbean.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.