Delta to Launch New Transatlantic Routes for Summer 2018 Travel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta is expanding its presence on transatlantic routes. The carrier announced today that it’s set to bring more nonstop options from Atlanta (ATL), Detroit (DTW), Indianapolis (IND), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK) and Orlando (MCO) to destinations throughout Europe and Africa.
The summer additions, which offer nonstop options to destinations from Lisbon (LIS) to Lagos, Nigeria (LOS), will further expand the carrier’s footprint on transatlantic service, and allow the carrier to maintain its title as the leading airline across the Atlantic with more total departures, destinations and seats than any other carrier.
Here are the details for each of the new or additional routes:
Atlanta — Lisbon (Daily)
The new daily service between Atlanta (ATL) and Lisbon (LIS) will be operated by one of Delta’s 767 aircraft. Delta will operate the route on a daily basis beginning May 24, 2018, before ending it on September 4, 2018.
- DL122 Atlanta (ATL) 7:30pm Departure ⇒ Lisbon (LIS) 8:45am (+1) Arrival — M/Tu/W/Th/F/Sa/Su
- DL123 Lisbon (LIS) 10:30am Departure ⇒ Atlanta (ATL) 2:45pm Arrival — M/Tu/W/Th/F/Sa/Su
Detroit — Paris (Daily)
This new summer 2018 addition will be Delta’s third daily nonstop flight (one daily frequency is operated by Air France) between Detroit (DTW) and Paris (CDG). Delta will launch the service beginning May 16, 2018.
- DL96 Detroit (DTW) 3:50pm Departure ⇒ Paris (CDG) 6:00am (+1) Arrival — M/Tu/W/Th/F/Sa/Su
- DL99 Paris (CDG) 1:10pm Departure ⇒ Detroit (DTW) 4:10pm Arrival — M/Tu/W/Th/F/Sa/Su
Indianapolis — Paris (Daily to 5x Weekly)
On May 24, 2018, Delta will launch nonstop service between Indianapolis (IND) and Paris (CDG).
- DL500 Indianapolis (IND) 6:20pm Departure ⇒ Paris (CDG) 8:45am (+1) Arrival
- DL501 Paris (CDG) 1:15pm Departure ⇒ Indianapolis (IND) 4:35pm Arrival
Los Angeles — Amsterdam (4x Weekly)
Beginning June 16, 2018, Delta will launch service between Los Angeles (LAX) and Amsterdam (AMS). The route will be operated by one of the carrier’s Boeing 777-200LR aircraft.
- DL78 Los Angeles (LAX) 12:00pm Departure ⇒ Amsterdam (AMS) 7:55am (+1) Arrival — M/W/F/Su
- DL79 Amsterdam (AMS) 3:35pm Departure ⇒ Los Angeles (LAX) 6:25pm Arrival — M/Tu/Th/Sa
Los Angeles — Paris (3x Weekly)
Beginning June 16, 2018, Delta will launch service between Los Angeles (LAX) and Paris (CDG). The route will be operated by one of the carrier’s Boeing 777-200LR aircraft.
- DL156 Los Angeles (LAX) 12:00pm Departure ⇒ Paris (CDG) 7:55am (+1) Arrival — Tu/Th/Sa
- DL157 Paris (CDG) 3:15pm Departure ⇒ Los Angeles (LAX) 6:25pm Arrival — W/F/Su
New York — Azores (5x Weekly)
This new seasonal route to Ponta Delgada-Azores (PDL) will begin on May 24, 2018.
- DL417 New York (JFK) 8:30pm Departure ⇒ Azores (PDL) 7:30am (+1) Arrival — Tu/Th/F/Sa/Su
- DL217 Azores (PDL) 9:15am Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 10:30am Arrival — M/W/F/Sa/Su
New York — Lagos (3x Weekly)
Delta will begin year-round service between New York (JFK) and Lagos (LOS) beginning March 24, 2018.
- DL415 New York (JFK) 10:55pm Departure ⇒ Lagos (LOS) 2:50pm (+1) Arrival — M/W/F
- DL215 Lagos (LOS) 11:30pm Departure ⇒ New York (JFK) 5:30am (+1) Arrival — Tu/Th/Su
Orlando — Amsterdam (Daily to 5x Weekly)
On March 30, 2018, Delta will begin to offer year-round service between Orlando (MCO) and Amsterdam (AMS).
- DL126 Orlando (MCO) 9:45pm Departure ⇒ Amsterdam (AMS) 12:45pm (+1) Arrival
- DL127 Amsterdam (AMS) 1:15pm Departure ⇒ Orlando (MCO) 5:40pm Arrival
In addition to these new routes, Delta also announced that it’s adding an Airbus A330 to operate its route between New York (JFK) to London (LHR).
These new routes are exciting additions for Delta flyers and those looking to travel next summer. As of this writing, the new routes are not yet bookable, so award information isn’t yet known. If you’re looking to travel on any of these routes in summer 2018, check back on Delta’s website for when tickets become available.
Featured image by J.M.F. Almeida / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.