9 of the Most Instagrammable Hotel Lobbies in the World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In recent years, many hotels — from small boutiques to lavish chains — have stepped up their lobby game. Lobbies are the first part of a hotel that travelers take in — as well as a prime place for gatherings and happy hours — and the last sight guests have upon their exit. A well-decorated and welcoming lobby can be a fulsome bookend to a stay, but can also provide a like-worthy post for your Instagram feed. We’ve looked far and wide and found nine hotel lobbies that deserve a special look. It’s time to check in.
1. Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown
Located in LA’s artsy downtown district, Hotel Indigo’s lobby is an Instagram maven’s dream. The massive entrance is surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows and features dramatic blue velvet curtains that fall over floral walls — all accented by pops of gold furniture. Throw a Hotel Indigo Los Angeles geotag on top — it’s an IHG property, too, so you can use points to stay there — and you’ve got a ‘gram-worthy post.
A post shared by Emma Weissmann (@emma_enroute) on
2. Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest
The Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace is a colossal building situated on the Pest side of the Danube River. Originally home to an insurance company, the impressive building sits right next to Budapest’s Chain Bridge and is a popular attraction — particularly during nighttime strolls along the river when the Art Nouveau building glows with light. The lobby, which showcases detailed iron and glass work, also features vaulted glass ceilings, creating the perfect light for your next post.
A post shared by L I A N N E L E E M A Y (@lianneleemay) on
3. Mondrian South Beach, Miami
The Mondrian South Beach is located on the waterfront of trendy Biscayne Bay and the hotel’s lobby sets the perfect scene for Instagram gold with floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the water. If that’s not your style, snap a photo of the Mondrian’s famous “floating staircase.”
A post shared by Kaelin Fox💫 (@kaelin_fox) on
4. The Breakers, Palm Beach
The lobby on this beachfront property is sure to impress: Roman columns support vaulted ceilings that preside above floor-to-ceiling windows looking out over the hotel’s private beach. Wait for the sun to shine through the towering windows — it will be picture perfect.
A post shared by The Breakers Palm Beach (@thebreakers) on
5. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
Aside from being home to one of the most renowned spas in Asia, the Mandarin Oriental sits on the beautiful banks of the Chao Phraya River in world-famous Bangkok. Capture a photograph of the river through the lobby’s immense windows or relax into one of its lush black couches and observe a small pond surrounded by decorative hanging lily pads. Either way, you’ve got an Insta home run.
. 姉家族に会いにタイへ行ってきました✈︎✈︎✈︎🐘🇹🇭 * picは今回絶対行きたかったマンダリンオリエンタルホテル💐 もう雰囲気がステキすぎてテンション上がりまくり😍😍まさに非日常空間✨✨ （ロビーのお花が変わってて、少し残念だったけど😂) * 小さい姪っ子がいるのでゆっくりはできなかったけど、アフタヌーンティーもよかった😋💓 タイへ行くと必ず行きたいスポットになりました😘 いつか泊まりたいな〜😙❤️ * #タイ #バンコク #マンダリンオリエンタルバンコク #mandarinorientalbangkok #アフタヌーンティー #紅茶はTWGとマリアージュの2種類 #スイーツは全て姪っ子のお腹へ😂 #食意地張ってる私も姪っ子のためなら我慢できる #姪っ子love #タイは14年ぶり！ #14年ってめっちゃ昔😂 #yumitrip🐘🇹🇭
A post shared by yumi♡ (@yumiii0830) on
6. The GEM Hotel, New York City
Anything in trendsetting New York City is sure to garner likes on Instagram. Instead of heading to the obvious Bowery Hotel, make your way to The GEM Hotel. Created by Australian designer Paris Forino, the lobby at The GEM features a soft palette of pinks, taupes and golds. This Insta will have your friends envious of your high-brow architectural tastes — we won’t tell them that you read about it here.
A post shared by Lisa Feierman (@lisawhitney) on
7. Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
This DC hotspot, located one block from the White House, caters to an upscale clientele, offering in-room spa treatments, a state-of-the-art gym and a high-end restaurant. Pop into the lobby, where you’ll be met with oversized velvet green couches, dark patterned rugs and dangling orbs alive with light.
A spectacular view of our lobby from the creative eyes of a satisfied guest. Thank you @joanne_forrest for an amazing photo and comment below. ・・・ Such an amazing hotel 🙌🏼One block to the White House, fantastic service & restaurant 😍 Thank you @sofitel #washingtondc
A post shared by Sofitel Washington DC (@sofiteldc) on
8. The Langham Chicago
It’s hard to take a bad picture of The Langham Chicago’s lobby. The modern building is bathed in bright whites with simple black accents and the occasional pop of color to bring it all together. Floor-to-ceiling windows allow the room to be washed in natural light for a bright, airy experience.
A post shared by The Langham, Chicago (@langhamchicago) on
9. Urban Cowboy, Nashville
This bed and breakfast in Nashville exudes Western cool with its antique deep leather seats, Native American-inspired artwork and bull head wall mounts. Get a picture of its entry or music parlor; with its low-key southern — yet Western! — vibe, this B&B is sure to impress your many followers.
A post shared by Urban Cowboy Bed & Breakfast (@urbancowboybnb) on
What are some of your favorite hotel lobbies? Let us know in the comments below.
Featured image courtesy of The Langham Chicago.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.