9 of the Most Instagrammable Hotel Lobbies in the World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In recent years, many hotels — from small boutiques to lavish chains — have stepped up their lobby game. Lobbies are the first part of a hotel that travelers take in — as well as a prime place for gatherings and happy hours — and the last sight guests have upon their exit. A well-decorated and welcoming lobby can be a fulsome bookend to a stay, but can also provide a like-worthy post for your Instagram feed. We’ve looked far and wide and found nine hotel lobbies that deserve a special look. It’s time to check in.
1. Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown
Located in LA’s artsy downtown district, Hotel Indigo’s lobby is an Instagram maven’s dream. The massive entrance is surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows and features dramatic blue velvet curtains that fall over floral walls — all accented by pops of gold furniture. Throw a Hotel Indigo Los Angeles geotag on top — it’s an IHG property, too, so you can use points to stay there — and you’ve got a ‘gram-worthy post.
A post shared by Emma Weissmann (@emma_enroute) on
2. Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest
The Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace is a colossal building situated on the Pest side of the Danube River. Originally home to an insurance company, the impressive building sits right next to Budapest’s Chain Bridge and is a popular attraction — particularly during nighttime strolls along the river when the Art Nouveau building glows with light. The lobby, which showcases detailed iron and glass work, also features vaulted glass ceilings, creating the perfect light for your next post.
A post shared by L I A N N E L E E M A Y (@lianneleemay) on
3. Mondrian South Beach, Miami
The Mondrian South Beach is located on the waterfront of trendy Biscayne Bay and the hotel’s lobby sets the perfect scene for Instagram gold with floor-to-ceiling windows that overlook the water. If that’s not your style, snap a photo of the Mondrian’s famous “floating staircase.”
A post shared by Kaelin Fox? (@kaelin_fox) on
4. The Breakers, Palm Beach
The lobby on this beachfront property is sure to impress: Roman columns support vaulted ceilings that preside above floor-to-ceiling windows looking out over the hotel’s private beach. Wait for the sun to shine through the towering windows — it will be picture perfect.
A post shared by The Breakers Palm Beach (@thebreakers) on
5. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
Aside from being home to one of the most renowned spas in Asia, the Mandarin Oriental sits on the beautiful banks of the Chao Phraya River in world-famous Bangkok. Capture a photograph of the river through the lobby’s immense windows or relax into one of its lush black couches and observe a small pond surrounded by decorative hanging lily pads. Either way, you’ve got an Insta home run.
. 姉家族に会いにタイへ行ってきました✈︎✈︎✈︎??? * picは今回絶対行きたかったマンダリンオリエンタルホテル? もう雰囲気がステキすぎてテンション上がりまくり??まさに非日常空間✨✨ （ロビーのお花が変わってて、少し残念だったけど?) * 小さい姪っ子がいるのでゆっくりはできなかったけど、アフタヌーンティーもよかった?? タイへ行くと必ず行きたいスポットになりました? いつか泊まりたいな〜?❤️ * #タイ #バンコク #マンダリンオリエンタルバンコク #mandarinorientalbangkok #アフタヌーンティー #紅茶はTWGとマリアージュの2種類 #スイーツは全て姪っ子のお腹へ? #食意地張ってる私も姪っ子のためなら我慢できる #姪っ子love #タイは14年ぶり！ #14年ってめっちゃ昔? #yumitrip???
A post shared by yumi♡ (@yumiii0830) on
6. The GEM Hotel, New York City
Anything in trendsetting New York City is sure to garner likes on Instagram. Instead of heading to the obvious Bowery Hotel, make your way to The GEM Hotel. Created by Australian designer Paris Forino, the lobby at The GEM features a soft palette of pinks, taupes and golds. This Insta will have your friends envious of your high-brow architectural tastes — we won’t tell them that you read about it here.
A post shared by Lisa Feierman (@lisawhitney) on
7. Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
This DC hotspot, located one block from the White House, caters to an upscale clientele, offering in-room spa treatments, a state-of-the-art gym and a high-end restaurant. Pop into the lobby, where you’ll be met with oversized velvet green couches, dark patterned rugs and dangling orbs alive with light.
A spectacular view of our lobby from the creative eyes of a satisfied guest. Thank you @joanne_forrest for an amazing photo and comment below. ・・・ Such an amazing hotel ??One block to the White House, fantastic service & restaurant ? Thank you @sofitel #washingtondc
A post shared by Sofitel Washington DC (@sofiteldc) on
8. The Langham Chicago
It’s hard to take a bad picture of The Langham Chicago’s lobby. The modern building is bathed in bright whites with simple black accents and the occasional pop of color to bring it all together. Floor-to-ceiling windows allow the room to be washed in natural light for a bright, airy experience.
A post shared by The Langham, Chicago (@langhamchicago) on
9. Urban Cowboy, Nashville
This bed and breakfast in Nashville exudes Western cool with its antique deep leather seats, Native American-inspired artwork and bull head wall mounts. Get a picture of its entry or music parlor; with its low-key southern — yet Western! — vibe, this B&B is sure to impress your many followers.
A post shared by Urban Cowboy Bed & Breakfast (@urbancowboybnb) on
What are some of your favorite hotel lobbies? Let us know in the comments below.
Featured image courtesy of The Langham Chicago.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees