This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most honeymoons last a week or two — maybe a month if the couple is fortunate enough to have the time and resources. In the case of Mike and Anne Howard, the newlyweds left for their honeymoon in early 2012 and have been exploring the globe ever since, launching a blog, HoneyTrek.com, to chronicle their journey across more than 50 countries and seven continents. Aside from sharing useful travel hacks to take you off the tourist track, the two also found ways to earn free flights and lodging, which earned them a loyal following of couples and non-couples alike, who gleaned their knowledge of where to hike, dive, sail and explore in over 75 destinations.
This September, Mike and Anne turned their trove of tips into a book, Ultimate Journeys for Two: Extraordinary Destinations on Every Continent. Packed with tested-and-approved recommendations for traveling couples that any vacationer could benefit from, proving the pair really knows their stuff. Since 2012, they’ve taken 116 free flights out of 150 flights thanks to points and miles, saving them $26,889. Here’s a look at some of the beautiful images they shot in this exclusive excerpt from their brand-new title.
Ultimate Journeys for Two: Extraordinary Destinations on Every Continent, by Mike and Anne Howard, published by National Geographic, is now available on Amazon.com from $21. All images by HoneyTrek.com.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards