How One Couple Took the World’s Longest Honeymoon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most honeymoons last a week or two — maybe a month if the couple is fortunate enough to have the time and resources. In the case of Mike and Anne Howard, the newlyweds left for their honeymoon in early 2012 and have been exploring the globe ever since, launching a blog, HoneyTrek.com, to chronicle their journey across more than 50 countries and seven continents. Aside from sharing useful travel hacks to take you off the tourist track, the two also found ways to earn free flights and lodging, which earned them a loyal following of couples and non-couples alike, who gleaned their knowledge of where to hike, dive, sail and explore in over 75 destinations.
This September, Mike and Anne turned their trove of tips into a book, Ultimate Journeys for Two: Extraordinary Destinations on Every Continent. Packed with tested-and-approved recommendations for traveling couples that any vacationer could benefit from, proving the pair really knows their stuff. Since 2012, they’ve taken 116 free flights out of 150 flights thanks to points and miles, saving them $26,889. Here’s a look at some of the beautiful images they shot in this exclusive excerpt from their brand-new title.
Ultimate Journeys for Two: Extraordinary Destinations on Every Continent, by Mike and Anne Howard, published by National Geographic, is now available on Amazon.com from $21. All images by HoneyTrek.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees