How One Couple Took the World’s Longest Honeymoon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most honeymoons last a week or two — maybe a month if the couple is fortunate enough to have the time and resources. In the case of Mike and Anne Howard, the newlyweds left for their honeymoon in early 2012 and have been exploring the globe ever since, launching a blog, HoneyTrek.com, to chronicle their journey across more than 50 countries and seven continents. Aside from sharing useful travel hacks to take you off the tourist track, the two also found ways to earn free flights and lodging, which earned them a loyal following of couples and non-couples alike, who gleaned their knowledge of where to hike, dive, sail and explore in over 75 destinations.
This September, Mike and Anne turned their trove of tips into a book, Ultimate Journeys for Two: Extraordinary Destinations on Every Continent. Packed with tested-and-approved recommendations for traveling couples that any vacationer could benefit from, proving the pair really knows their stuff. Since 2012, they’ve taken 116 free flights out of 150 flights thanks to points and miles, saving them $26,889. Here’s a look at some of the beautiful images they shot in this exclusive excerpt from their brand-new title.
Ultimate Journeys for Two: Extraordinary Destinations on Every Continent, by Mike and Anne Howard, published by National Geographic, is now available on Amazon.com from $21. All images by HoneyTrek.com.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.