This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most honeymoons last a week or two — maybe a month if the couple is fortunate enough to have the time and resources. In the case of Mike and Anne Howard, the newlyweds left for their honeymoon in early 2012 and have been exploring the globe ever since, launching a blog, HoneyTrek.com, to chronicle their journey across more than 50 countries and seven continents. Aside from sharing useful travel hacks to take you off the tourist track, the two also found ways to earn free flights and lodging, which earned them a loyal following of couples and non-couples alike, who gleaned their knowledge of where to hike, dive, sail and explore in over 75 destinations.
This September, Mike and Anne turned their trove of tips into a book, Ultimate Journeys for Two: Extraordinary Destinations on Every Continent. Packed with tested-and-approved recommendations for traveling couples that any vacationer could benefit from, proving the pair really knows their stuff. Since 2012, they’ve taken 116 free flights out of 150 flights thanks to points and miles, saving them $26,889. Here’s a look at some of the beautiful images they shot in this exclusive excerpt from their brand-new title.
Ultimate Journeys for Two: Extraordinary Destinations on Every Continent, by Mike and Anne Howard, published by National Geographic, is now available on Amazon.com from $21. All images by HoneyTrek.com.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees