How One Couple Took the World’s Longest Honeymoon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most honeymoons last a week or two — maybe a month if the couple is fortunate enough to have the time and resources. In the case of Mike and Anne Howard, the newlyweds left for their honeymoon in early 2012 and have been exploring the globe ever since, launching a blog, HoneyTrek.com, to chronicle their journey across more than 50 countries and seven continents. Aside from sharing useful travel hacks to take you off the tourist track, the two also found ways to earn free flights and lodging, which earned them a loyal following of couples and non-couples alike, who gleaned their knowledge of where to hike, dive, sail and explore in over 75 destinations.
This September, Mike and Anne turned their trove of tips into a book, Ultimate Journeys for Two: Extraordinary Destinations on Every Continent. Packed with tested-and-approved recommendations for traveling couples that any vacationer could benefit from, proving the pair really knows their stuff. Since 2012, they’ve taken 116 free flights out of 150 flights thanks to points and miles, saving them $26,889. Here’s a look at some of the beautiful images they shot in this exclusive excerpt from their brand-new title.
Ultimate Journeys for Two: Extraordinary Destinations on Every Continent, by Mike and Anne Howard, published by National Geographic, is now available on Amazon.com from $21. All images by HoneyTrek.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.