Fifty Years of Cuba: One Photographer’s View
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in 1964, photojournalist Elliott Erwitt spent a week in Cuba on assignment for Newsweek as a guest of Fidel Castro. It was then and there he captured images of the Cuban president along with guerrilla fighter Che Guevara and other remarkable Cubans, all while discovering the country. More than 50 years later, Erwitt returned to document Cuba as it entered a new era, now with restored relations with the US. In this new title, CUBA, featuring his photography spanning over five decades, we get a glimpse at life on the Caribbean island, its people and varying landscapes through his lens in this unique historical perspective. Here’s a look at some of the compelling images you’ll find in this exclusive excerpt from the brand-new title.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.