Here Are the Winners of the 2017 APEX Awards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
And the winner of the Best Inflight Connectivity Innovation award is… definitely the kind of topic that AvGeeks will appreciate. This and a dozen other awards were presented on Monday night at the Airline Passenger Experience Association APEX Awards in Long Beach, California.
For those not familiar with it, APEX is the only non-profit trade organization in the airline industry. It comprises some of the world’s top airlines, industry suppliers, major media groups and aviation industry leaders. Its aim: to elevate the passenger experience while moving the industry forward with new initiatives and regulations.
How do the awards work? Each category was judged by nearly 30 APEX members in the first round in order to select three finalists. Then, a final round of judging was completed with a live judging panel composed of industry media experts. And the host at the event this year? None other than TPG himself.
Here are the winners of the 2017 APEX Awards:
Best Cabin Innovation — Airbus Operations, ReTrolley
Best Inflight Connectivity Innovation — Inmarsat Aviation & Deutsche Telekom AG, European Aviation Network
Best Inflight Entertainment Innovation — IAG, Black Swan & Massive, LEVEL Portal
Best Original Audio — Air New Zealand
Best Original Video — Emirates Product Video
Best Passenger Comfort Innovation — Airspace Single Aisle Interior
Best Personalization Innovation — SITAONAIR
Best Video Curation — Virgin Australia’s IFE
In addition to the APEX Award winners above, APEX also honored a few other categories with its Passenger Choice Awards — tallied from passenger-submitted data on the Tripit app. APEX awards these awards in five categories.
Here are the winners of the 2017 Passenger Choice Awards:
Best Wi-Fi — JetBlue
Best Entertainment — Emirates
Best Cabin Service — Qatar Airways
Best Seat Comfort — Virgin America
Best Food & Beverage — Qatar Airways
Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 APEX Awards.
Featured image from the 2016 awards by APEX.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.