Here Are the Winners of the 2017 APEX Awards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
And the winner of the Best Inflight Connectivity Innovation award is… definitely the kind of topic that AvGeeks will appreciate. This and a dozen other awards were presented on Monday night at the Airline Passenger Experience Association APEX Awards in Long Beach, California.
For those not familiar with it, APEX is the only non-profit trade organization in the airline industry. It comprises some of the world’s top airlines, industry suppliers, major media groups and aviation industry leaders. Its aim: to elevate the passenger experience while moving the industry forward with new initiatives and regulations.
How do the awards work? Each category was judged by nearly 30 APEX members in the first round in order to select three finalists. Then, a final round of judging was completed with a live judging panel composed of industry media experts. And the host at the event this year? None other than TPG himself.
Here are the winners of the 2017 APEX Awards:
Best Cabin Innovation — Airbus Operations, ReTrolley
Best Inflight Connectivity Innovation — Inmarsat Aviation & Deutsche Telekom AG, European Aviation Network
Best Inflight Entertainment Innovation — IAG, Black Swan & Massive, LEVEL Portal
Best Original Audio — Air New Zealand
Best Original Video — Emirates Product Video
Best Passenger Comfort Innovation — Airspace Single Aisle Interior
Best Personalization Innovation — SITAONAIR
Best Video Curation — Virgin Australia’s IFE
In addition to the APEX Award winners above, APEX also honored a few other categories with its Passenger Choice Awards — tallied from passenger-submitted data on the Tripit app. APEX awards these awards in five categories.
Here are the winners of the 2017 Passenger Choice Awards:
Best Wi-Fi — JetBlue
Best Entertainment — Emirates
Best Cabin Service — Qatar Airways
Best Seat Comfort — Virgin America
Best Food & Beverage — Qatar Airways
Congratulations to the winners of the 2017 APEX Awards.
Featured image from the 2016 awards by APEX.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees