Video Shows Passengers Deplaning From a Plane That Doesn’t Exist
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Seeing the passengers walk up a jet bridge toward the terminal is a normal sight at any airport. But it’s far from normal to see passengers deplaning on a jet bridge that has no airplane parked at it. So, when several “ghost-like figures” were seen walking up a jet bridge, it begged the question: Is Phuket International Airport (HKT) haunted, or were the shadowy figures just a strange optical illusion?
When a Bangkok Airways pilot saw the “ghost passengers” — with hand luggage in tow — he started filming. You can watch the video below:
Clearly with no plane in sight, these floating passengers must be ghosts, right? Well, probably not. As reported by View From the Wing, the “ghosts” that were captured in this video were likely a reflection of passengers who were already inside the terminal.
While the reflection explanation likely solves the mystery, commenters on the video have offered alternative theories. One such theory states that passengers had deplaned from a remote gate, were transported to the jet bridge and then got onto this empty jet bridge via a set of adjacent stairs. The Bangkok Airways pilot who recorded the incident from the cockpit of his plane hasn’t commented on the video and the cause for the eerie footage.
Featured image courtesy of Photography taken by Mario Gutiérrez via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees