This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Seeing the passengers walk up a jet bridge toward the terminal is a normal sight at any airport. But it’s far from normal to see passengers deplaning on a jet bridge that has no airplane parked at it. So, when several “ghost-like figures” were seen walking up a jet bridge, it begged the question: Is Phuket International Airport (HKT) haunted, or were the shadowy figures just a strange optical illusion?
When a Bangkok Airways pilot saw the “ghost passengers” — with hand luggage in tow — he started filming. You can watch the video below:
Clearly with no plane in sight, these floating passengers must be ghosts, right? Well, probably not. As reported by View From the Wing, the “ghosts” that were captured in this video were likely a reflection of passengers who were already inside the terminal.
While the reflection explanation likely solves the mystery, commenters on the video have offered alternative theories. One such theory states that passengers had deplaned from a remote gate, were transported to the jet bridge and then got onto this empty jet bridge via a set of adjacent stairs. The Bangkok Airways pilot who recorded the incident from the cockpit of his plane hasn’t commented on the video and the cause for the eerie footage.
Featured image courtesy of Photography taken by Mario Gutiérrez via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards