Video Shows Passengers Deplaning From a Plane That Doesn’t Exist
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Seeing the passengers walk up a jet bridge toward the terminal is a normal sight at any airport. But it’s far from normal to see passengers deplaning on a jet bridge that has no airplane parked at it. So, when several “ghost-like figures” were seen walking up a jet bridge, it begged the question: Is Phuket International Airport (HKT) haunted, or were the shadowy figures just a strange optical illusion?
When a Bangkok Airways pilot saw the “ghost passengers” — with hand luggage in tow — he started filming. You can watch the video below:
Clearly with no plane in sight, these floating passengers must be ghosts, right? Well, probably not. As reported by View From the Wing, the “ghosts” that were captured in this video were likely a reflection of passengers who were already inside the terminal.
While the reflection explanation likely solves the mystery, commenters on the video have offered alternative theories. One such theory states that passengers had deplaned from a remote gate, were transported to the jet bridge and then got onto this empty jet bridge via a set of adjacent stairs. The Bangkok Airways pilot who recorded the incident from the cockpit of his plane hasn’t commented on the video and the cause for the eerie footage.
Featured image courtesy of Photography taken by Mario Gutiérrez via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee