We’re Looking for Fall Editorial Interns!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With our summer interns preparing to bid TPG farewell, we’re looking to hire a new batch for the fall to come work in our spacious new office in NYC’s Flatiron District. This isn’t your average internship — you won’t be making coffee runs or standing by the printer all day. This is a real-world, hands-on internship and you can expect to walk away with serious media experience, including dozens of editorial clips. We’ve also been known to offer some pretty fantastic travel perks.
Our internship pays well — $20 per hour — and you’ll be working directly with the editors and social media team. If you’re a college student (currently a junior, senior or graduate student) who meets the requirements below, please apply through this link.
Editorial interns will monitor travel industry news, research various topics (mostly about aviation, credit cards, and hotels) and write daily news posts for the site — note that a quick turnaround time is often required. Interns will also help produce posts in WordPress (knowledge of Photoshop is appreciated as well) and will participate in editorial meetings. This is a paid, 20-40 hours per week (flexible) commitment.
- Ability to work from our NYC office in Manhattan’s Flatiron District
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of social platforms and applications
- Knowledge of aviation and points and miles is a plus, but not mandatory
- Experience working on a college news website or other editorial team preferred
- Can take direction and write quickly
- Teamwork mindset
- Love of travel
- Photography/video skills are appreciated
A minimum of 20 (and up to 40) hours per week with flexible hours. The anticipated start date is August 21, 2017, with the internship running through late-November or early December (flexible).
Interns will be paid bi-weekly at a rate of $20 per hour. There are no other benefits provided.
Apply through this link by Friday, August 11, 2017.
Please spread the word and pass this information on to anyone who you think might be interested. We look forward to working with you!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.