This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Low-cost carrier WOW is offering some fantastic fares from its US gateways to Reykjavik, Iceland (KEF). You can fly for as little as $200 round-trip from Baltimore (BWI), though discounted fares are available from other US cities as well, including Newark (EWR), Pittsburgh (PIT), Los Angeles (LAX), Chicago (ORD) and more. Exact availability depends on where you’re originating from, but we’re seeing low fares for departures from September through January 2018. Use Google Flights to find the dates you want, then book directly with the airline.
Airlines: WOW Air
Routes: BWI/BOS/PIT/MIA/EWR/SFO/LAX/ORD to KEF
Cost: $200+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2017 – January 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Baltimore (BWI) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $200 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $220 round-trip:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $250 round-trip:
Miami (MIA) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $300 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $300 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $300 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $340 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Reykjavik (KEF) for $340 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees