Deal Alert: US Cities to Southeast Asia From $486 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Here’s a deal so good you’ll want to SING(apore)! Fly from US cities including New York (JFK/EWR), Chicago (ORD) and Los Angeles (LAX) to destination cities across Southeast Asia including Bangkok (BKK), Manilla (MNL), Ho Chi Minh City (SGN), Kuala Lumpur (KUL) and Singapore (SIN) for as little as $486 round-trip. These long-haul flights on carriers including United can be a great way to rack up lifetime miles, especially if you’re aiming to join the exclusive million-mile club. Availability depends on specific route, but we found discounted fares for departures as soon as next week through November 2017 and then again from January through April 2018. Head on over to Google Flights to find the itinerary that’s best for you, and then complete booking through an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: United, ANA, Air China, Asiana
Route: LAX/JFK/EWR/ORD to MNL/KUL/BKK/SGN/SIN
Cost: $486+ round-trip in economy
Dates: August 2017 — November 2017, January 2018 — April 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $486 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK) for $498 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Bangkok (BKK) for $499 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) for $517 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Manila (MNL) for $519 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN) for $543 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) for $549 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of fiftymm99 via Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.