IHG PointBreaks Hotels Now Bookable for Stays Through October 31, 2017
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Update 11:36am: IHG has just re-launched the list on its preview page.
Update 11:28am: IHG seems to have launched the promotion prematurely. It’s pulled the list from the website, so we have included the full list of hotels at the bottom of this post.
IHG just released the new list of PointBreaks hotels for stays from July 31 through October 31, 2017. It seems that the list will be bookable beginning sometime Monday.
If you’re unfamiliar, IHG PointBreaks are reduced-rate award redemptions at IHG hotels (InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express) that require just 5,000 Rewards Club points per award night. Based on the latest TPG valuations, that’s just $35 of value per night.
However, only a limited number of nights can be booked at this rate for each hotel, and the best options are usually snagged quickly. Having the full list released in advance like this can help you plan which properties you’ll want to jump on as soon you can book them at a discount.
Here’s a quick summary of the brands and locations of the PointBreaks:
|Holiday Inn Express||39||5||4||2||2||52|
And, here are some of the most compelling options:
Any time an InterContinental makes it on the PointBreaks list, it’s worthy of a highlight. This list features one in Bandung, Indonesia which looks pretty spectacular — if you’re in the area. If you’re considering making a trip to stay at this property, the closest airport is Husein Sastranegara International Airport (BDO).
The only Crowne Plaza in the US that made the list is the Crowne Plaza in Annapolis, Maryland. With rates starting at $155/night, paying just 5,000 points per night is an excellent deal. It’s close proximity to the Annapolis Maritime Museum, Maryland State House and the US Naval Academy Museum make it an excellent base for exploring Maryland’s capital city.
Looking to head to Patagonia? Here’s an excellent spot to stay before or after your expedition. This isn’t your average Holiday Inn Express — the hotel features a sauna and is located near the waterfront.
While this isn’t the greatest PointBreaks list historically, it’s important to remember that these hotels cost just 5,000 points per night. That’s half of the standard rates for Category 1 hotels — and not all of these hotels are Category 1.
It’s easy to be underwhelmed with the listed hotels. But it’s incredible that you can get 18 free PointBreaks nights (80,000 points) just for signing up for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card and spending $1,000 in the first three months.
Check out the full list of hotels to see which properties might match up with your travel plans. If so, make sure to book them as soon as they go live (which seems to be Monday):
|HOLIDAY INN HOTEL & SUITES BENGALURU WHITEFIELD|
|CROWNE PLAZA JAIPUR TONK ROAD|
|CROWNE PLAZA NEW DELHI MAYUR VIHAR NOIDA|
|INTERCONTINENTAL BANDUNG DAGO PAKAR|
|CROWNE PLAZA JOHANNESBURG – THE ROSEBANK|
|CROWNE PLAZA ASUNCION|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS BELÉM ANANINDEUA|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS PUERTO MONTT – PATAGONIA|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS ROSARIO|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS YOPAL|
|HOLIDAY INN GUAYAQUIL AIRPORT|
|HOLIDAY INN MANAUS|
|CROWNE PLAZA TUXPAN|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS & SUITES QUERETARO|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS PARAISO DOS BOCAS|
|HOLIDAY INN QUERETARO ZONA DIAMANTE|
|HOLIDAY INN REYNOSA-INDUSTRIAL PONIENTE|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS & SUITES BONNYVILLE|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS STELLARTON-NEW GLASGOW|
|HOLIDAY INN HOTEL & SUITES KAMLOOPS|
|HOLIDAY INN KITCHENER – CAMBRIDGE CONF CTR|
Featured image courtesy of InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.