IHG PointBreaks Hotels Now Bookable for Stays Through October 31, 2017
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Update 11:36am: IHG has just re-launched the list on its preview page.
Update 11:28am: IHG seems to have launched the promotion prematurely. It’s pulled the list from the website, so we have included the full list of hotels at the bottom of this post.
IHG just released the new list of PointBreaks hotels for stays from July 31 through October 31, 2017. It seems that the list will be bookable beginning sometime Monday.
If you’re unfamiliar, IHG PointBreaks are reduced-rate award redemptions at IHG hotels (InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express) that require just 5,000 Rewards Club points per award night. Based on the latest TPG valuations, that’s just $35 of value per night.
However, only a limited number of nights can be booked at this rate for each hotel, and the best options are usually snagged quickly. Having the full list released in advance like this can help you plan which properties you’ll want to jump on as soon you can book them at a discount.
Here’s a quick summary of the brands and locations of the PointBreaks:
|Holiday Inn Express||39||5||4||2||2||52|
And, here are some of the most compelling options:
Any time an InterContinental makes it on the PointBreaks list, it’s worthy of a highlight. This list features one in Bandung, Indonesia which looks pretty spectacular — if you’re in the area. If you’re considering making a trip to stay at this property, the closest airport is Husein Sastranegara International Airport (BDO).
The only Crowne Plaza in the US that made the list is the Crowne Plaza in Annapolis, Maryland. With rates starting at $155/night, paying just 5,000 points per night is an excellent deal. It’s close proximity to the Annapolis Maritime Museum, Maryland State House and the US Naval Academy Museum make it an excellent base for exploring Maryland’s capital city.
Looking to head to Patagonia? Here’s an excellent spot to stay before or after your expedition. This isn’t your average Holiday Inn Express — the hotel features a sauna and is located near the waterfront.
While this isn’t the greatest PointBreaks list historically, it’s important to remember that these hotels cost just 5,000 points per night. That’s half of the standard rates for Category 1 hotels — and not all of these hotels are Category 1.
It’s easy to be underwhelmed with the listed hotels. But it’s incredible that you can get 18 free PointBreaks nights (80,000 points) just for signing up for the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card and spending $1,000 in the first three months.
Check out the full list of hotels to see which properties might match up with your travel plans. If so, make sure to book them as soon as they go live (which seems to be Monday):
|HOLIDAY INN HOTEL & SUITES BENGALURU WHITEFIELD|
|CROWNE PLAZA JAIPUR TONK ROAD|
|CROWNE PLAZA NEW DELHI MAYUR VIHAR NOIDA|
|INTERCONTINENTAL BANDUNG DAGO PAKAR|
|CROWNE PLAZA JOHANNESBURG – THE ROSEBANK|
|CROWNE PLAZA ASUNCION|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS BELÉM ANANINDEUA|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS PUERTO MONTT – PATAGONIA|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS ROSARIO|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS YOPAL|
|HOLIDAY INN GUAYAQUIL AIRPORT|
|HOLIDAY INN MANAUS|
|CROWNE PLAZA TUXPAN|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS & SUITES QUERETARO|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS PARAISO DOS BOCAS|
|HOLIDAY INN QUERETARO ZONA DIAMANTE|
|HOLIDAY INN REYNOSA-INDUSTRIAL PONIENTE|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS & SUITES BONNYVILLE|
|HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS STELLARTON-NEW GLASGOW|
|HOLIDAY INN HOTEL & SUITES KAMLOOPS|
|HOLIDAY INN KITCHENER – CAMBRIDGE CONF CTR|
Featured image courtesy of InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees