This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When Square started sending invitations for its customizable cash card last month, users began to wonder just how creative they would be allowed to be. Recode reported that censors would review every submission, and CEO Jack Dorsey’s design was hardly inspiring; the startup founder’s card consists of nothing more than “@Jack.”
But users jumped at the opportunity and submitted designs in force. Now, as more and more personalized cards arrive, they’re sharing their creations with the world. Searching #CashCard on Twitter reveals an art gallery’s-worth of signatures, sketches and more that Square’s users have come up with. Take a look at some of our favorites.
Wayne needs some more practice on his Dino etches:
This guy must’ve been feeling lucky when he designed this card:
Jeremy might have some trouble withdrawing cash in the great outdoors:
You had to be careful to get your design past Square’s censors. But apparently not too careful:
No word yet on whether this clever etch-a-code can break the bank:
Sometimes simplicity goes a long way:
This one’s just downright cute:
If you want a Cash Card of your own take a look at Square’s info page to learn more.
Featured image of a personalized Square Cash Card courtesy of @OscarNLopez via Twitter.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees