Get Hundreds of Free Points for Interacting With Marriott on Twitter, SPG Coming Soon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott’s been known to dole out bonus points to its loyalty program members — back in November it handed out 500 points for linking each social media profile to your Marriott Rewards account — but it’s really doubling down on this strategy.
The hotel chain’s now running so-called #MRpoints promotions that offer bonuses after you connect Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts with Marriott Rewards. You’ll earn 50 points for connecting each of your social media accounts (for a total of 150 points), but the real earning opportunities come once you’ve already linked them; you’ll want to follow Marriott Rewards across the three platforms to stay on top of them.
What are the other points-earning opportunities, exactly? Well, the #MRpoints FAQ doesn’t make it too clear — beyond stating that the maximum points you can earn through #MRpoints promos per calendar year is 2,500 — but earlier this week the brand’s Twitter account was awarding 100 points to users who tweeted the result of a “What’s Your Road Trip Personality?” quiz and used the hashtags #MRpoints and #FindYourRoute. So essentially you can earn Marriott points for interacting with the brand on social media.
This promo provides yet another easy way to slowly but steadily increase your points balance, and what makes it even better is that points are awarded in real time (you’ll get a Twitter notification from Marriott Rewards and the points will already be in your account). While you can only earn a maximum of 2,500 points per year (worth $22.50 based on TPG’s latest valuations), Marriott’s already given out a total of 84 million points through the program — and a similar series of promos is coming to Starwood Preferred Guest soon, too! Given that you can transfer rewards between the two programs, this is great news for both Marriott and SPG loyalists.
Featured image courtesy of the JW Marriott Macau.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees