This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton Honors members will soon have another option for redeeming points in Southern California. The Hotel Del Coronado, one of the city’s most iconic properties, will be joining the Curio Collection by Hilton as of July 31, 2017. Curio properties strive to reflect the local culture of the community they’re in, but also provide benefits of being part of a bigger brand — namely the ability to earn/redeem points and gaining elite status.
As of this writing, you’re not able to book rooms at the property through Hilton’s site, but it does appear on a list of future properties on the Curio Collection’s site, and displays a ‘coming soon’ message when you run a search for Hilton properties in the San Diego area. There’s also no indication yet of how many points you’ll need to redeem for a stay. Currently, the independent hotel is offering rooms from $589 this July, which leads us to expect rates won’t be cheap once it joins the Hilton family.
Hilton already has one other Curio Collection property in the area — the Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton. Rates for a one-night stay at that property are currently running around $240 or 53,000 Honors points.
Images courtesy of the Hotel Del Coronado.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees