San Diego’s Iconic Hotel Del Coronado Set to Join Hilton
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton Honors members will soon have another option for redeeming points in Southern California. The Hotel Del Coronado, one of the city’s most iconic properties, will be joining the Curio Collection by Hilton as of July 31, 2017. Curio properties strive to reflect the local culture of the community they’re in, but also provide benefits of being part of a bigger brand — namely the ability to earn/redeem points and gaining elite status.
As of this writing, you’re not able to book rooms at the property through Hilton’s site, but it does appear on a list of future properties on the Curio Collection’s site, and displays a ‘coming soon’ message when you run a search for Hilton properties in the San Diego area. There’s also no indication yet of how many points you’ll need to redeem for a stay. Currently, the independent hotel is offering rooms from $589 this July, which leads us to expect rates won’t be cheap once it joins the Hilton family.
Hilton already has one other Curio Collection property in the area — the Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton. Rates for a one-night stay at that property are currently running around $240 or 53,000 Honors points.
Images courtesy of the Hotel Del Coronado.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees