San Diego’s Iconic Hotel Del Coronado Set to Join Hilton
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton Honors members will soon have another option for redeeming points in Southern California. The Hotel Del Coronado, one of the city’s most iconic properties, will be joining the Curio Collection by Hilton as of July 31, 2017. Curio properties strive to reflect the local culture of the community they’re in, but also provide benefits of being part of a bigger brand — namely the ability to earn/redeem points and gaining elite status.
As of this writing, you’re not able to book rooms at the property through Hilton’s site, but it does appear on a list of future properties on the Curio Collection’s site, and displays a ‘coming soon’ message when you run a search for Hilton properties in the San Diego area. There’s also no indication yet of how many points you’ll need to redeem for a stay. Currently, the independent hotel is offering rooms from $589 this July, which leads us to expect rates won’t be cheap once it joins the Hilton family.
Hilton already has one other Curio Collection property in the area — the Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton. Rates for a one-night stay at that property are currently running around $240 or 53,000 Honors points.
Images courtesy of the Hotel Del Coronado.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.