This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton Honors members will soon have another option for redeeming points in Southern California. The Hotel Del Coronado, one of the city’s most iconic properties, will be joining the Curio Collection by Hilton as of July 31, 2017. Curio properties strive to reflect the local culture of the community they’re in, but also provide benefits of being part of a bigger brand — namely the ability to earn/redeem points and gaining elite status.
As of this writing, you’re not able to book rooms at the property through Hilton’s site, but it does appear on a list of future properties on the Curio Collection’s site, and displays a ‘coming soon’ message when you run a search for Hilton properties in the San Diego area. There’s also no indication yet of how many points you’ll need to redeem for a stay. Currently, the independent hotel is offering rooms from $589 this July, which leads us to expect rates won’t be cheap once it joins the Hilton family.
Hilton already has one other Curio Collection property in the area — the Hotel La Jolla, Curio Collection by Hilton. Rates for a one-night stay at that property are currently running around $240 or 53,000 Honors points.
Images courtesy of the Hotel Del Coronado.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards