American to Offer Japan Airlines Food on Japan-Bound Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines announced that it’s launching a new meal offering for passengers traveling from North America to Japan. The new food options will be the same as those offered on Japan Airlines flights, one of the top carriers in the industry.
The JAL meals will include a bento box appetizer that comes with rice and miso soup and an entrée. In addition to the bento box options, spirits are now complimentary in the main cabin for all flights to and from Japan.
— JonNYC (@xJonNYC) June 16, 2017
If you’re interested in trying out one of these JAL meal options on board AA metal, contact reservations on American’s website at least 24 hours before your flight is set to depart.
We’re excited about this addition, as JAL’s food is known to be of a much higher quality. TPG contributor Michael Spelfogel tried the bento box on his JAL business class flight from Tokyo to New York, which he said was delicious.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.