United’s Bringing Sundaes Back to Business Class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve got some news! And no, it isn’t that United’s going to start serving gigantic 30-scoop ice cream sundaes. But close.
Following last month’s devastating #Sundaegate announcement (in which United decided to suspend sundae service worldwide after its glass bowls started cracking), we finally have word that the airline’s marquee premium-cabin dessert item will return — on July 1, some 36 days from now. The temporary solution: paper bowls.
Aviation and ice cream sundae expert Brian Sumers broke the news on Twitter:
While 36 days seems like an awfully long time to get these paper bowls into position, many business travelers will be relieved to hear that the build-your-own sundae service will be back in action soon. In the meantime, United’s serving packaged ice cream in business and first class on domestic and international flights.
How will you be celebrating the ice cream sundae’s triumphant return?
Featured image courtesy of Adrian Weinbrecht via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.