This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve got some news! And no, it isn’t that United’s going to start serving gigantic 30-scoop ice cream sundaes. But close.
Following last month’s devastating #Sundaegate announcement (in which United decided to suspend sundae service worldwide after its glass bowls started cracking), we finally have word that the airline’s marquee premium-cabin dessert item will return — on July 1, some 36 days from now. The temporary solution: paper bowls.
Aviation and ice cream sundae expert Brian Sumers broke the news on Twitter:
While 36 days seems like an awfully long time to get these paper bowls into position, many business travelers will be relieved to hear that the build-your-own sundae service will be back in action soon. In the meantime, United’s serving packaged ice cream in business and first class on domestic and international flights.
How will you be celebrating the ice cream sundae’s triumphant return?
Featured image courtesy of Adrian Weinbrecht via Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees