This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’ve got some news! And no, it isn’t that United’s going to start serving gigantic 30-scoop ice cream sundaes. But close.
Following last month’s devastating #Sundaegate announcement (in which United decided to suspend sundae service worldwide after its glass bowls started cracking), we finally have word that the airline’s marquee premium-cabin dessert item will return — on July 1, some 36 days from now. The temporary solution: paper bowls.
Aviation and ice cream sundae expert Brian Sumers broke the news on Twitter:
While 36 days seems like an awfully long time to get these paper bowls into position, many business travelers will be relieved to hear that the build-your-own sundae service will be back in action soon. In the meantime, United’s serving packaged ice cream in business and first class on domestic and international flights.
How will you be celebrating the ice cream sundae’s triumphant return?
Featured image courtesy of Adrian Weinbrecht via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards