Delta Introduces New Summer Menu, Adds Prosecco to Wine Selection
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers in Delta One will experience the most notable changes to the food menu. Those traveling in Delta One, including passengers on four select transcon routes, will get summer dishes from chef Linton Hopkins and chefs from Union Square Hospitality Group. The summer choices will be offered from June 1 through August. The four transcontinental routes included are:
- New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO)
- Washington, D.C. (DCA) to LAX
- Boston (BOS) to SFO
In addition, Delta One customers on select routes to Europe from Atlanta (ATL) will get Hopkins’ latest creations. Choices include peppered bistro steak, roasted chicken breast, Chesapeake Bay crab cakes and smoked eggplant ravioli. Plus, Delta One customers on select transatlantic routes will get to choose from a range of options from the Union Square Hospitality Group. Finally, Delta’s South American menu will get an upgrade to offer more local choices, created by South American chefs.
The new choices don’t stop with food — Delta’s also upping its beverage selection. Beginning June 1, Delta is launching a sparking wine option — Avissi or La Marca Prosecco, based on the offering on each flight — for all passengers traveling in North America. Passengers in first class and Delta Comfort+ will get complimentary Prosecco, and those in economy can choose to purchase it for $9. Later this summer, the carrier plans to offer complimentary Prosecco in Delta Comfort+ and coach on international flights.
Delta’s also adding other beverage options for the summer: new wine selections (including rosé), and Macallan Double Cask 12-year Single Malt Scotch Whisky. For the wine drinkers, you can find the summer 2017 wine selections here (PDF). And for the whisky aficionados, you better be sitting in Delta One, as those premium passengers are the only ones who can enjoy it.
Overall, these are some pretty nice additions from Delta, especially the new bubbly option. Just in time for summer, the food, which varies based on the destination, is sure to be a refreshing take on standard options.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees