This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers in Delta One will experience the most notable changes to the food menu. Those traveling in Delta One, including passengers on four select transcon routes, will get summer dishes from chef Linton Hopkins and chefs from Union Square Hospitality Group. The summer choices will be offered from June 1 through August. The four transcontinental routes included are:
- New York (JFK) to Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (JFK) to San Francisco (SFO)
- Washington, D.C. (DCA) to LAX
- Boston (BOS) to SFO
In addition, Delta One customers on select routes to Europe from Atlanta (ATL) will get Hopkins’ latest creations. Choices include peppered bistro steak, roasted chicken breast, Chesapeake Bay crab cakes and smoked eggplant ravioli. Plus, Delta One customers on select transatlantic routes will get to choose from a range of options from the Union Square Hospitality Group. Finally, Delta’s South American menu will get an upgrade to offer more local choices, created by South American chefs.
The new choices don’t stop with food — Delta’s also upping its beverage selection. Beginning June 1, Delta is launching a sparking wine option — Avissi or La Marca Prosecco, based on the offering on each flight — for all passengers traveling in North America. Passengers in first class and Delta Comfort+ will get complimentary Prosecco, and those in economy can choose to purchase it for $9. Later this summer, the carrier plans to offer complimentary Prosecco in Delta Comfort+ and coach on international flights.
Delta’s also adding other beverage options for the summer: new wine selections (including rosé), and Macallan Double Cask 12-year Single Malt Scotch Whisky. For the wine drinkers, you can find the summer 2017 wine selections here (PDF). And for the whisky aficionados, you better be sitting in Delta One, as those premium passengers are the only ones who can enjoy it.
Overall, these are some pretty nice additions from Delta, especially the new bubbly option. Just in time for summer, the food, which varies based on the destination, is sure to be a refreshing take on standard options.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards