Report: Qatar’s Brilliant New Qsuite Business Class Launches June 10
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’m a big fan of Qatar’s A350. My family had a fantastic flight on that plane from Philly to Doha earlier this month, with excellent service and plenty of space to stretch out — though it didn’t hurt that we had the rear business-class cabin all to ourselves!
The 777-300ER is a bit of a different story, however — while that aircraft still offers lie-flat seats in business class, they’re arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration, which is hardly competitive in this day and age. Fortunately, that’s about to change.
According to “reliable sources” on travel blog God Save the Points, the airline is gearing up to launch its outstanding new Qsuite business-class product, which delivers loads more privacy, plus an innovative design that lets flyers create a communal “pod” of four biz seats, so families can spend the flight together, or colleagues can conduct business meetings during a flight (or just awkwardly make eye contact from time to time). These sources report that the new product will launch in just over two weeks, operating Qatar flight 7 from Doha to London and flight 8 on the return, both on June 10.
TPG and writer JT Genter had a chance to check out the product at ITB Berlin back in March, and walked away very impressed. TPG went so far as to say the new Qsuite “feels like first class” — considering his extensive experience flying actual first-class products, that’s mighty impressive.
While we’re waiting on a confirmed launch date from Qatar, it’s clear that the product will be launching very soon, first on the London route, then Paris, followed by New York this fall, and eventually Tokyo and Sao Paulo. It’ll be available on select 777-300ER aircraft and the new A350-1000s, which will reportedly be delivered with Qsuite already installed.
What have you heard about Qatar’s Qsuite launch?
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.