Report: Qatar’s Brilliant New Qsuite Business Class Launches June 10
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’m a big fan of Qatar’s A350. My family had a fantastic flight on that plane from Philly to Doha earlier this month, with excellent service and plenty of space to stretch out — though it didn’t hurt that we had the rear business-class cabin all to ourselves!
The 777-300ER is a bit of a different story, however — while that aircraft still offers lie-flat seats in business class, they’re arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration, which is hardly competitive in this day and age. Fortunately, that’s about to change.
According to “reliable sources” on travel blog God Save the Points, the airline is gearing up to launch its outstanding new Qsuite business-class product, which delivers loads more privacy, plus an innovative design that lets flyers create a communal “pod” of four biz seats, so families can spend the flight together, or colleagues can conduct business meetings during a flight (or just awkwardly make eye contact from time to time). These sources report that the new product will launch in just over two weeks, operating Qatar flight 7 from Doha to London and flight 8 on the return, both on June 10.
TPG and writer JT Genter had a chance to check out the product at ITB Berlin back in March, and walked away very impressed. TPG went so far as to say the new Qsuite “feels like first class” — considering his extensive experience flying actual first-class products, that’s mighty impressive.
While we’re waiting on a confirmed launch date from Qatar, it’s clear that the product will be launching very soon, first on the London route, then Paris, followed by New York this fall, and eventually Tokyo and Sao Paulo. It’ll be available on select 777-300ER aircraft and the new A350-1000s, which will reportedly be delivered with Qsuite already installed.
What have you heard about Qatar’s Qsuite launch?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.