Report: Qatar’s Brilliant New Qsuite Business Class Launches June 10
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’m a big fan of Qatar’s A350. My family had a fantastic flight on that plane from Philly to Doha earlier this month, with excellent service and plenty of space to stretch out — though it didn’t hurt that we had the rear business-class cabin all to ourselves!
The 777-300ER is a bit of a different story, however — while that aircraft still offers lie-flat seats in business class, they’re arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration, which is hardly competitive in this day and age. Fortunately, that’s about to change.
According to “reliable sources” on travel blog God Save the Points, the airline is gearing up to launch its outstanding new Qsuite business-class product, which delivers loads more privacy, plus an innovative design that lets flyers create a communal “pod” of four biz seats, so families can spend the flight together, or colleagues can conduct business meetings during a flight (or just awkwardly make eye contact from time to time). These sources report that the new product will launch in just over two weeks, operating Qatar flight 7 from Doha to London and flight 8 on the return, both on June 10.
TPG and writer JT Genter had a chance to check out the product at ITB Berlin back in March, and walked away very impressed. TPG went so far as to say the new Qsuite “feels like first class” — considering his extensive experience flying actual first-class products, that’s mighty impressive.
While we’re waiting on a confirmed launch date from Qatar, it’s clear that the product will be launching very soon, first on the London route, then Paris, followed by New York this fall, and eventually Tokyo and Sao Paulo. It’ll be available on select 777-300ER aircraft and the new A350-1000s, which will reportedly be delivered with Qsuite already installed.
What have you heard about Qatar’s Qsuite launch?
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee