This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 6/29/2017: Lyft is rolling out Lyft Lux and Lyft Lux SUV in 16 more cities today. You’ll now be able to order one in Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Las Vegas, Miami, Minneapolis, Orange County, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle and Washington, D.C.
Lyft is adding two more options to its ride-hailing service with the introduction of Lyft Lux and Lyft Lux SUV.
Lux and Lux SUV are premium options for Lyft customers, essentially described as a black car or a luxury SUV. The cars are currently available in five markets, including Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Jose and will be expanded to 15 more areas through mid-June. The new ride choices will be more expensive than a Lyft Line, regular Lyft or Lyft Plus.
According to TechCrunch, cars will be no older than a 2011 model, in “excellent” condition, have a black paint job, leather or pseudo-leather seating, drivers will have at least a 4.7 star rating and LUX SUVs will be able to seat at least six passengers. You can see what car models meet the Lyft Lux requirements here.
The new service seems to be in direct competition with Uber, which offers a large number of ride options that vary depending on the market. Lyft now has five.
Featured image courtesy of Lyft.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards