This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 6/29/2017: Lyft is rolling out Lyft Lux and Lyft Lux SUV in 16 more cities today. You’ll now be able to order one in Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Las Vegas, Miami, Minneapolis, Orange County, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle and Washington, D.C.
Lyft is adding two more options to its ride-hailing service with the introduction of Lyft Lux and Lyft Lux SUV.
Lux and Lux SUV are premium options for Lyft customers, essentially described as a black car or a luxury SUV. The cars are currently available in five markets, including Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Jose and will be expanded to 15 more areas through mid-June. The new ride choices will be more expensive than a Lyft Line, regular Lyft or Lyft Plus.
According to TechCrunch, cars will be no older than a 2011 model, in “excellent” condition, have a black paint job, leather or pseudo-leather seating, drivers will have at least a 4.7 star rating and LUX SUVs will be able to seat at least six passengers. You can see what car models meet the Lyft Lux requirements here.
The new service seems to be in direct competition with Uber, which offers a large number of ride options that vary depending on the market. Lyft now has five.
Featured image courtesy of Lyft.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees