Lyft Rolls Out Premium Car Options, Lux and Lux SUV
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 6/29/2017: Lyft is rolling out Lyft Lux and Lyft Lux SUV in 16 more cities today. You’ll now be able to order one in Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Las Vegas, Miami, Minneapolis, Orange County, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle and Washington, D.C.
Lyft is adding two more options to its ride-hailing service with the introduction of Lyft Lux and Lyft Lux SUV.
Lux and Lux SUV are premium options for Lyft customers, essentially described as a black car or a luxury SUV. The cars are currently available in five markets, including Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Jose and will be expanded to 15 more areas through mid-June. The new ride choices will be more expensive than a Lyft Line, regular Lyft or Lyft Plus.
According to TechCrunch, cars will be no older than a 2011 model, in “excellent” condition, have a black paint job, leather or pseudo-leather seating, drivers will have at least a 4.7 star rating and LUX SUVs will be able to seat at least six passengers. You can see what car models meet the Lyft Lux requirements here.
The new service seems to be in direct competition with Uber, which offers a large number of ride options that vary depending on the market. Lyft now has five.
Featured image courtesy of Lyft.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.