This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton announced today that it has introduced a new fitness inspired concept room at two of its US hotels. The room, dubbed ‘Five Feet to Fitness’ is just that — Hilton has placed exercise equipment inside your hotel room just feet away from your bed.
The new space features a variety of equipment and options for you to get your sweat on. The workout equipment is centered around a touch-screen display where you can choose from over 200 guided workouts with classes from yoga to strength training.
Guests can pair these workouts with the indoor bike or use the installed Gym Rax system that includes a variety of equipment like weights, medicine balls and more.
It’s not only a room just for fitness lovers — those who prioritize wellness while traveling will find a “meditation chair,” Biofreeze for sore muscles and even protein shakes.
Hilton isn’t the first company to move the gym to the guest room; TRYP by Wyndham also offers cardio machines inside some hotel rooms. Hilton Garden Inn properties and Fairmont Hotels properties even offer a “Fit Kit” to help travelers stay in shape while on the road.
These new rooms are currently available to book at the Parc 55 San Francisco and Hilton McLean Tysons Corner starting today.
Participating hotels must install a minimum of three fitness rooms and they do appear to be bookable with Hilton Honors points. According to a spokesperson for Hilton, fitness rooms will cost about $45 more than a standard room, but rates will vary depending on dates, location, etc.
Hilton says that the rooms will soon come to properties in Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Las Vegas and San Diego.
Featured image courtesy of Hilton.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards