This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers on board a Frontier Airlines flight experienced a frightening delay at the gate after arriving in Chicago (ORD) yesterday evening due to a weight imbalance which caused the Airbus jet to tilt its nose up as passengers were in the process of deplaning. You can see the jet parked at the gate with its nose tilted skyward in the tweet below.
— Chicago News Now (@chicagonewsnow) April 30, 2017
The Chicago Fire Department responded to the incident. Luckily no one was hurt in this event, unlike the Aeroflot flight that experienced severe turbulence and caused injuries for several people. For passengers on board, this must have been a frightening, and then maddening, situation as it likely caused significant delays in deplaning.
Was anyone on board this Frontier Airlines flight yesterday?
H/T: ABC7 Eyewitness News
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards