Frontier Jet Tilts Nose Up at Chicago O’Hare While Passengers Were Deplaning
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers on board a Frontier Airlines flight experienced a frightening delay at the gate after arriving in Chicago (ORD) yesterday evening due to a weight imbalance which caused the Airbus jet to tilt its nose up as passengers were in the process of deplaning. You can see the jet parked at the gate with its nose tilted skyward in the tweet below.
— Chicago News Now (@chicagonewsnow) April 30, 2017
The Chicago Fire Department responded to the incident. Luckily no one was hurt in this event, unlike the Aeroflot flight that experienced severe turbulence and caused injuries for several people. For passengers on board, this must have been a frightening, and then maddening, situation as it likely caused significant delays in deplaning.
Was anyone on board this Frontier Airlines flight yesterday?
H/T: ABC7 Eyewitness News
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.