This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Low-cost carrier Norwegian Air is currently offering great deals from across the US to Oslo (OSL). We’re seeing round-trips from the East Coast for as little as $292 from Boston (BOS) and New York (JFK). These deals might not hang around for too long, so book now to ensure your seat.
The cheapest flights appear to be from September through November 2017, but depending on your point of origin, there are deals to be had in early 2018 as well. And as is often the case with Norwegian Air, the best deals come by booking tickets separately through Google Flights’ separate tickets feature. And remember: flying Norwegian is about the price, not the experience. Don’t expect the ‘comforts’ of a full-service carrier (complimentary checked bag, seat assignment, meals, etc.) on these transatlantic flights.
Routes: JFK/LAX/BOS/FLL to OSL
Cost: $291+ round-trip
Dates: September – November 2017 (with a few dates in early 2018)
Booking Link: Norwegian
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Oslo, Norway (OSL) for $292 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to Oslo, Norway (OSL) for $292 round-trip:
Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) to Oslo, Norway (OSL) for $326 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Oslo, Norway (OSL) for $356 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image of Oslo courtesy of JTB Photo via Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards