Cycling in the Sky? It Might Not Be as Far Away as You Think
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airbus’ Silicon Valley outpost, known as A3, launched a project in December which would give airlines the ability to swap prebuilt modules in and out of the body of the plane, letting airlines change the interior of airplanes at will. The project, called Transpose, is based on technology that is similar to that of cargo planes and would allow airlines to install modules containing cocktail bars, spas, coffee shops, lounge areas and even a fitness center.
Throughout May, travelers passing through San Jose, California (SJC) can get a front row seat to one of A3’s full size modules. It’s partnered with Reebok and Peloton to create a gym that could one day be found in a commercial airliner at 35,000 feet. Inside this state-of-the-art cabin slash cycling gym are Peloton bikes, yoga mats and resistance bands. Visitors to the San Jose airport are welcome to try out the fitness cabin, though it’s unclear if or when passengers will be able to get a full workout in while mid-flight.
Featured image courtesy of San Jose Airport’s Twitter page (@FlySJC).
H/T: Business Insider
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees