Cycling in the Sky? It Might Not Be as Far Away as You Think
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airbus’ Silicon Valley outpost, known as A3, launched a project in December which would give airlines the ability to swap prebuilt modules in and out of the body of the plane, letting airlines change the interior of airplanes at will. The project, called Transpose, is based on technology that is similar to that of cargo planes and would allow airlines to install modules containing cocktail bars, spas, coffee shops, lounge areas and even a fitness center.
Throughout May, travelers passing through San Jose, California (SJC) can get a front row seat to one of A3’s full size modules. It’s partnered with Reebok and Peloton to create a gym that could one day be found in a commercial airliner at 35,000 feet. Inside this state-of-the-art cabin slash cycling gym are Peloton bikes, yoga mats and resistance bands. Visitors to the San Jose airport are welcome to try out the fitness cabin, though it’s unclear if or when passengers will be able to get a full workout in while mid-flight.
Featured image courtesy of San Jose Airport’s Twitter page (@FlySJC).
H/T: Business Insider
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.