Cycling in the Sky? It Might Not Be as Far Away as You Think
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airbus’ Silicon Valley outpost, known as A3, launched a project in December which would give airlines the ability to swap prebuilt modules in and out of the body of the plane, letting airlines change the interior of airplanes at will. The project, called Transpose, is based on technology that is similar to that of cargo planes and would allow airlines to install modules containing cocktail bars, spas, coffee shops, lounge areas and even a fitness center.
Throughout May, travelers passing through San Jose, California (SJC) can get a front row seat to one of A3’s full size modules. It’s partnered with Reebok and Peloton to create a gym that could one day be found in a commercial airliner at 35,000 feet. Inside this state-of-the-art cabin slash cycling gym are Peloton bikes, yoga mats and resistance bands. Visitors to the San Jose airport are welcome to try out the fitness cabin, though it’s unclear if or when passengers will be able to get a full workout in while mid-flight.
Featured image courtesy of San Jose Airport’s Twitter page (@FlySJC).
H/T: Business Insider
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.